Rizieq charged with criminal incitement.

dafluff

Cager
Cleric and leader of the Islamic Defenders Front (FPI) has been charged with "criminal incitement" in relation to his daughter's wedding, where 10,000 people attended during a pandemic. The charge carries a jail sentence of up to 6 years. Five other people who organized the wedding were also charged.

:popcorn:

You may want to avoid the area around Monas for the next 6 months...

The police is going to bring Rizieq in by force. They have to expect a firefight, and they may get one. I don’t believe his entire posse only have two guns.

Maybe, but it is likely to prevent him from pulling another runner like the last time he was facing charges. Someone on a Jakarta Post article said he is already prevented by immigration from leaving the country.

If he were to pull a runner, where could he go outside of Indonesia? I doubt Saudi would allow him back after he overstayed his visas.

If I were Jokowi, I would let him exit the country, pretending that he escaped. He’ll be a fugitive who will be arrested as soon as he steps foot on Indonesian soil, but free to stay abroad forever.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Latest Activity

Online Now

No members online now.

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Les 819