RIA money senders (like western union) in Jakarta (from BRI bank)

snpark

Cager
Since WUMT is now (since March 2019) no longer operating from post offices or Danamon banks, someone told me "RIA" is a similar thing that someone can send cash and it can be collected through "RIA" in BRI bank

Anyone got any experience of this, does it still operate here or also closed

BTW nowadays you can send money from a WUMT and still receive it directly in your account in Jakarta same day

I have done this a few times now from Malaysia, given them RM in KLCC and it's been in my BCA by the time I got to the airport

quite useful if you dont want to carry large amounts through customs and also have the hassle of changing it into IDR and depositing cash at atm or branch etc

jstar

Mr. 10,000
It seems RIA has much better rates than WU?

I used TransferWise before but was not really impressed. I still get the best results by changing cash after transferring to a € account. And 3-5 working days is acceptable.

snpark

Cager
WU no longer here for cash collection

rate is ok considering the speed, everyone has to make their little bit, thats the cost of speed

MieTekTek

For transferring money from Singapore to Indonesia, I started using WorldRemit and have been using them since. They don't have the best rates. TransferWise has better rates. But, where WorldRemit win is in their referral program which gives both referror and referred customer S$40 voucher each after the referred customer had sent the qualifying amount, currently fixed at S$200. So far, my experience with WorldRemit is quite good. Finds transferred and receive is as far as 8 hours.

jstar

Mr. 10,000
But, where WorldRemit win is in their referral program which gives both referror and referred customer S$40 voucher each after the referred customer had sent the qualifying amount, currently fixed at S$200
Ha. So when you run out of friends and referrals, it stops? 🤑

What can you do with the voucher?

MieTekTek

Ha. So when you run out of friends and referrals, it stops? 🤑

What can you do with the voucher?
I think you assume that I'm trying to promote WorldRemit here for the vouchers, but I'm going to ignore that and assume it's a legitimate question. :sneaky:

I'm not well off like some of you here. I don't have 550 juta to deposit on banks here in Indonesia nor do I have 1m/2m/3m to transfer to Indonesia. So, what I can do is perhaps look out for promotions by such services and try to take advantage of it. And, when the vouchers run out, I just stop using them. It's always been my intention to give InstaRem and TransferWise a try. With the no so big amount I'm sending monthly, it's pointless paying for bank's remittance service or paying ATM fees for withdrawals.

Thankfully, I'm moving to Batam in late June. And with that move, It's no longer a big issue as Singapore is just a 45 mins ferry ride away. :)

Look, I benefitted from this website. Look at my post in the Newbie and Hello section. I'm in LubukLinggau and, without reading this site in detail, I would never have known that I need to get SKTT done. It'll be a big issue when I'm trying to extend my KITAS. I'd received my KITAS for 4 months already. Luckily, the Capil staff here is equally unaware about this document that WNA have to apply for this card.

I'm just doing my bit to contribute to the community here. You never know when your post can help someone, until one fine day when that "someone" stumble on this forum and chance upon your post.

Ok, enough of that. Now I need some advice on what I need to go through if I'm moving to another kota. Things like updating immigration for my KITAS, visiting the RT and hence Capil etc.

jstar

Mr. 10,000
I think you assume that I'm trying to promote WorldRemit here for the vouchers, but I'm going to ignore that and assume it's a legitimate question.
It was a legitimate question and in fact, you didn't answer it.

Can you spend that amount in shops somewhere? Will it be deducted from future transactions costs? Etc.

MieTekTek

It was a legitimate question and in fact, you didn't answer it.

Can you spend that amount in shops somewhere? Will it be deducted from future transactions costs? Etc.
My bad.

The voucher value can be deducted from the amount payable to WorldRemit for future remittance.

Eg, sending S$100 for 1 juta+, applying the voucher will deduct S$40 from the S$100 payable. Result S$60 for 1 juta+.

It's good for me as I'm only transferring S$500-S$700 each month for living expenses.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Online Now

No members online now.

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
massagejogjadotcom
Top Bottom