• We have just upgraded to Xenforo 2.1. We still have a few things to iron out while the forum is live. If you see any bug, please let us know. Any question? Feel free to ask.
  • We have done a little bit of house cleaning with the forums and certain threads.

Read more about it here.

RIA money senders (like western union) in Jakarta (from BRI bank)

snpark

Cager
Since WUMT is now (since March 2019) no longer operating from post offices or Danamon banks, someone told me "RIA" is a similar thing that someone can send cash and it can be collected through "RIA" in BRI bank

Anyone got any experience of this, does it still operate here or also closed

BTW nowadays you can send money from a WUMT and still receive it directly in your account in Jakarta same day

I have done this a few times now from Malaysia, given them RM in KLCC and it's been in my BCA by the time I got to the airport

quite useful if you dont want to carry large amounts through customs and also have the hassle of changing it into IDR and depositing cash at atm or branch etc

jstar

Mr. 10,000
It seems RIA has much better rates than WU?

I used TransferWise before but was not really impressed. I still get the best results by changing cash after transferring to a € account. And 3-5 working days is acceptable.

snpark

Cager
WU no longer here for cash collection

rate is ok considering the speed, everyone has to make their little bit, thats the cost of speed

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Activity

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Online Now

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yahiajkd
Top Bottom