Removalist - to Australia

wombat

Charter Member
Cager
Folks,

Any recommendation for good removalist that can move furniture/personal effects into Australia frp, Indonesia?
Your feedback would be appreciated.

WOmbat

Just about any of the big-name companies should be good - to get the best price, have 3 or more of them give you a quote, then you can choose which one is cheapest.

We recently made a move using Allied Pickfords (http://www.alliedpickfords.co.id) and I was amazed at the level of personal service provided. You can contact them via the link.

Cheapest quote is not always best. They will need to quote the estimated volume of your goods to be moved. Price is per cubic metre and based on a sliding scale... ie cheaper at higher volumes. Therefore, be careful of companies, even big ones that under quote your volume.

Cheapest quote is not always best. They will need to quote the estimated volume of your goods to be moved. Price is per cubic metre and based on a sliding scale... ie cheaper at higher volumes. Therefore, be careful of companies, even big ones that under quote your volume.

Yes. We always ask for a clause in our contracts that the final bill will not be more than 10% over the estimate. No one has ever balked at giving this to us.

We also choose based on the price per cubic meter, not the total price.

Yes. We always ask for a clause in our contracts that the final bill will not be more than 10% over the estimate. No one has ever balked at giving this to us.

Did you have an international move or domestic?

I was wondering about about how much would it cost for about 4-5 cubic m to the US.

I was wondering about about how much would it cost for about 4-5 cubic m to the US.

I've done both, but the recent move was local, and my last international move was in 2007, so I can't give you any price estimates that would be valid, unfortunately.

It might depend where in US.

I recently sent 3 cubic metres to Melbourne, Australia for about $3,000 .... if that helps.

I never knew you could do that. Thanks for the tip.

thanks for all the responses. I now have a better idea on what to expect

I second for allied pickfords, very professional mover.
The latest one we used early 2015,to move our personal effects to Cairo in 40 ft container, including very fragile items (crystals, ceramic and terracotta)
arrived perfectly, no single item was broken

Alliedpickfords are good. Also SantaFe relocation and Asian tigers not bad...

SRT Movers is cheap and good.
It is local owned company but it is international movers.
Most of its client is US embassy and Australian embassy.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Latest Activity

Online Now

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Les 819
Back