Regarding work sponsored Online ITAS - passport stamp required? (C312)

tekina

Hi all,

I have recently moved to Jakarta on a work visa sponsored by the company I'm working at. They gave me an online ITAS (both passport size and regular one - both soft copies, with correct validity of 1 year). They told me I don't need to visit a local immigration office to get my multiple re-entry stamp on my passport and that a printout of this is sufficient for flying in/out of the country. They never asked for my passport either for processing.

But I want to confirm with the good folks here if this is the case and that not having any stamp/sticker on my passport will not be a problem, and carrying the printout of the online ITAS with me will indeed be sufficient.

FYI, my passport sticker when I first landed says I am required to visit the local immigration office within 4 weeks (this is VITAS, I suppose?)
Very confused right now, would appreciate guidance on this, thanks in advance!

My online ITAS looks like this sample: https://ajconsultants.net/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/Sample-ITAS-Passport.jpg

Hi all,

I have recently moved to Jakarta on a work visa sponsored by the company I'm working at. They gave me an online ITAS (both passport size and regular one - both soft copies, with correct validity of 1 year). They told me I don't need to visit a local immigration office to get my multiple re-entry stamp on my passport and that a printout of this is sufficient for flying in/out of the country. They never asked for my passport either for processing.

But I want to confirm with the good folks here if this is the case and that not having any stamp/sticker on my passport will not be a problem, and carrying the printout of the online ITAS with me will indeed be sufficient.

FYI, my passport sticker when I first landed says I am required to visit the local immigration office within 4 weeks (this is VITAS, I suppose?)
Very confused right now, would appreciate guidance on this, thanks in advance!

My online ITAS looks like this sample: https://ajconsultants.net/wp-content/uploads/2017/09/Sample-ITAS-Passport.jpg
Have you been to immigration to get your photo taken and fingerprints scanned?
If no then I think your company might be using a dodgy agent (a mate here had this happen and he unknowingly had been on fake KITASs for a number of years).

They gave me an online ITAS (both passport size and regular one - both soft copies, with correct validity of 1 year)
Have you been to immigration to get your photo taken and fingerprints scanned?

Biometrics can be generally done at the airport now (not every airport of entry, and not always though). I am pretty sure that your e-KITAS shows a photo taken at the airport, @tekina, right?

Nothing dodgy.

1661358782012.png

Source:

That's wrong actually

You are supposed to go to immigration office in the city and you have all your fingerprints taken, a photo, and then sign the mouse mat.

Nothing to do with arrival at the airport

Regulation for taking photos and fingerprints and issuing ITAS straight away exists since the end of 2019 actually, it was suspended because of covid. Looks like being reimplemented.

Regulation for taking photos and fingerprints and issuing ITAS straight away exists since the end of 2019 actually, it was suspended because of covid. Looks like being reimplemented.
So this is for the first KITAS? I didn't know - for renewals I'm assuming we will still need to go to immigration to re-do all the bits and bobs. I am up for renewal next month so I'll find out I suppose.

Thank you, everyone! Yes, my photo was taken at the airport. My e-ITAS has that photo.
Spoke to a couple of visa consultants to get a second opinion, and they said it's a new process for new ITAS holders where nothing is put on the passport and I can carry the printout of the passport size ITAS when travelling.
This is a big relief for me, haha! Now looking forward to settling down in Jakarta.

Thank you, everyone! Yes, my photo was taken at the airport. My e-ITAS has that photo.
Spoke to a couple of visa consultants to get a second opinion, and they said it's a new process for new ITAS holders where nothing is put on the passport and I can carry the printout of the passport size ITAS when travelling.
This is a big relief for me, haha! Now looking forward to settling down in Jakarta.
Great news - I had some issues traveling in the past when they moved to e-kitas but was able to convince airline crew to let me on the flight using the stamp in my passport. So make sure when you travel you have the info with you (particularly since you have no stamp!). I have my kitas miniaturized and laminated and keep attached to the inside cover of my passport.

The expectations from the Indonesian bureaucracy are so abysmally low, that any meaningful improvement is encountered with disbelief and denial.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Latest Activity

Online Now

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stats
Back