Red KTP

ESTCK

I need some help please.

Recently I applied through my Agent to "perpanjang" my Retirement KITAP which I understand is for permanent stay in Indonesia.

I have already held a Retirerment KITAP for the past five years.

Anyway, this was done and I received my KITAP Card and today after the second round of photos, finger prints, eyes scanning, I received my KTP, a Red Card?!

I expected a Blue KTP and was surprised to receive this Red one.
Does anyone know why my KTP is this colour?

I appreciate any relevant information.

Regards
Eugene

Hi Eugene.

If you’d ever get it -god forbid- in your head to try to vote, the change in color -they call it pink now- will make sure the officials will notice you’re not Indonesian (WNI) and can stop you and make sure we won’t have ’trumpian‘ discussions here in RI.

That sounds absurd, and it is absurd, but also the original reason why they want the foreigners (WNA) on obvious different types of KTP’s.

BTW, what did the agent say about the future of the retirement visa?

Hi Eugene.

If you’d ever get it -god forbid- in your head to try to vote, the change in color -they call it pink now- will make sure the officials will notice you’re not Indonesian (WNI) and can stop you and make sure we won’t have ’trumpian‘ discussions here in RI.

That sounds absurd, and it is absurd, but also the original reason why they want the foreigners (WNA) on obvious different types of KTP’s.

Thanks for your reply it kinda makes sense but I feel it is a little presumptive! My Agent said that I will need to go back after 5 years but could not commit to anything else, additional cost it anything except to say that there may or may not be changes, it all depends on the Government?!

Just changed addresses last month and got the pink (or Red) card. Was told that was the new color for all foreigners.

Thanks for this update, for a while I thought that my Agent had sold me a furfy?!

The characteristics of the card are described in the Regulation of the Minister of Home Affairs Number 72 of 2022 concerning Standards and Specifications for Hardware, Software, and Electronic Identity Card Forms and Implementation of Digital Population Identity. Phew, a whole mouthful.

See page 30:

Wow that's really great, my Agent had no idea about this, she even suggested that I go with here to discuss it with the Government people concerned. I appreciate yours and everyone's help with this. Thanks

Before the WNA KTP was brown with WNI being the standard blue. They stopped the brown and issued everyone the blue with stipulations that one is WNI and the other nonWNI with it noted as WNA. Evidently know one knew to actually look at the KTPs so they needed to do something different, thus the color difference again. At keast until they run out of stock. Of course, I got blue simply because my CatSip had no brown stock and were unaware there was a different color for WNA sone years ago. I would be willing to bet that my CatSip as well as many across the nation have no idea there are changes.

That's really interesting but doesn't surprise me as all too often things tend to be done without too much thought. Probably because of the lack of accountability. Thanks again for the eye opener.

The previous KTP OA I had was butt ugly and the print/photo quality was beyond bad. Glad the KTP renewal process was pretty easy with the usual 'sorry system down' for one day (and ended up using the pic they already had in the system).

Even though it's pink at least it's an 'actual' card rather than printed on a flimsy almost manila paper-like material.

At least we are getting them. My wife is still waiting for "stock" at the local office to get her new KTP after we moved. Not sure how they run out materials to make IDs at a government office but they have.

Of course the whole soap around the passports (without signature) was even worse for the people affected. Also there the availability of blank versions triggered the issue and the stubbornness made it even worse.

The previous KTP OA I had was butt ugly and the print/photo quality was beyond bad. Glad the KTP renewal process was pretty easy with the usual 'sorry system down' for one day (and ended up using the pic they already had in the system).

Even though it's pink at least it's an 'actual' card rather than printed on a flimsy almost manila paper-like material.

Well, now you have a “children’s version”. And besides a good chuckle I wouldn’t be surprised if we will encounter issues when identifying ourselves with people going “WTF” and not believing it’s a real KTP. At banks, shopping malls, vaccination centers, hospitals, car dealerships, museums, ….

The laminator is your friend
I have a vaccination credit card
Print out certs
Glue together on some plastic
Laminate
Stick between phone and clear silicone cover
Voila
Just flash your phone back when you walk in the mall and say "KPK" as you waltz through the qr check, metal detector, temp control and hand squirter

Hi Eugene.

I voted in two elections here as a foreigner, and I was included in the voting list because of being on the family KK. The pak RT told me I should vote. One was for Ahok and one was for Jokowi. There was no mention of KTP.
It seems pak RT was wrong, but anyway gpp.

Normally you would show the ‘invitation’ and KTP when going to vote. But nothing surprises me (anymore).

Red or blue sounds like the colour of the get out of jail free card when the police stop you
But Blue for local. And red for WNA. 1 for each wheel

Hi Eugene.

My apologies for the late reply, I completely forgot to follow up with a response.
Anyway the answer to the future of the Retirement Visa is that my Agent, with whom I caught up with last week, had mentioned prior to our meeting that she believed a proposal had been submitted to eliminate the Retirement Visa and replace it with a "Second Home" Visa which meant that the requirements to qualify would of course be substantially different.
At our meeting she said that this is no longer the case and the Retirement Visa still stands.

Apologies again for being so tardy.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Latest Activity

Online Now

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stats
Back