Questions - Indonesian Embassy In Singapore

Lila

Thank you for all responses to following questions!

1. If we drop off documents/application along with my passort for 317 Vitas in the morning, will it be ready for pickup the next day in the afternoon?

2. How do I go about scheduling an appointment at Indonesian Embassy in Singapore?

3. I read something on line about getting in que through Whatsapp app phone number. Anybody know anything about that?

4. Is it best to withdraw the cash (Singapore currency) in the airport upon our arrival to pay Vitas fee(s) at the embassy?

5. Are we allowed to bring any electronics, i.e. - cellphone, laptop, etc. into the embassy?

jstar

Mr. 10,000
Long time ago since I've been there. There was no appointment necessary.

But I think practically all your questions, including payments, get answered here:

IMG_8168.PNG

Since it's cash only, you can get it at the airport yes.

They are -as usual- very uptight about phones etc. But unlike the US and Dutch embassy it was possible to carry a small bag and the phone did not have to be handed over. I suspect someone here will tell you if that changed.

Last edited:

Lila

Ah, that's the white card you normally get on the plane (or before you arrive at the immigration desk) and that you need to fill in.

It has two parts. The immigration officer will keep a (disembarkation) part of the card and return the other part to you. (You handed it over when you left the country and embarked on the plane.)

That part is what they will need in the embassy.

Lila

Thank you sir for explaining what the arrival/white embarkation card for foreign visitors is ☺

Anfooshi

Thank you for all responses to following questions!

1. If we drop off documents/application along with my passort for 317 Vitas in the morning, will it be ready for pickup the next day in the afternoon?

2. How do I go about scheduling an appointment at Indonesian Embassy in Singapore?

3. I read something on line about getting in que through Whatsapp app phone number. Anybody know anything about that?

4. Is it best to withdraw the cash (Singapore currency) in the airport upon our arrival to pay Vitas fee(s) at the embassy?

5. Are we allowed to bring any electronics, i.e. - cellphone, laptop, etc. into the embassy?
1.) It "should" be ready the next day but they will tell you exactly once you enter the embassy and submit the docs.

2.) No appointment is needed. Just show up at 8:30am or earlier for the line que. Have everything ready.

3.) Nothing like that.

4.) Just get the Singaporean cash in Indo before travelling and get a roaming package before you go into airplane mode at the airport.

5.) Phone yes, but large bags no. Laptops are not prohibited but may draw unwanted attention.

MieTekTek

Finally something that I can help with.

Just show up in smart casual before 8:30 am and proceed to the side entrance (left turn after taxi stand) to join the queue. No bermudas, no slipper etc. I can't remember how many working days it take, but I was told to come back after 2 working days.

If you're going straight from the airport / harbour, then withdraw from ATM is the fastest option. Otherwise, you may get better rates from money changer. But, unless you're changing '000s, I would advise to forget about the exchange gain/loss. But, bring extra change cos you may need to take photo for your submission. There is photo booth in the embassy.

I brought along my haversack where I kept my laptop and clear file, so it's not prohibited. Not sure about luggage size bags though.

For data, you can purchase tourist sim at S$12 which is valid for 7 days and comes with 100gb data and 500 mins outgoing calls. Remember to buy from Singtel (red) or Starhub (green) as they have better coverage.

Anything else? For white card, you may download this app (SG Arrival Card)from our ICA and submit it before landing. 1 less paper to carry.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Activity

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Online Now

No members online now.

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Martin41