Quality of Healthcare and Physicians

"....I also have (eg: the Symbicort inhaler). Not sure of these costs at this stage...."
Given your experience I am sure you know much more about this than I do. I have read that inhalers can have adverse features and overuse can result in your lungs becoming unresponsive to medications. I guess like almost every medication there are adverse features so that often we are caught between a rock and a hard place.

Given your experience I am sure you know much more about this than I do. I have read that inhalers can have adverse features and overuse can result in your lungs becoming unresponsive to medications. I guess like almost every medication there are adverse features so that often we are caught between a rock and a hard place.
I have never been an inhaler user unless I had acute respiratory problems & I would assume one has to use them fairly often & long term to build up resistance to them. I know nothing though. Common sense would dictate that there will be some balancing out for everything we do to our bodies, as you say every medication has adverse reactions - and sometimes the adverse reactions are what we want from that medicine- Aspirin is a great example- a great general pain relief, yet thins the blood- some of us need that blood thinning property.
Life is just one long adventure into the unknown.

I have never been an inhaler user unless I had acute respiratory problems & I would assume one has to use them fairly often & long term to build up resistance to them. I know nothing though. Common sense would dictate that there will be some balancing out for everything we do to our bodies, as you say every medication has adverse reactions - and sometimes the adverse reactions are what we want from that medicine- Aspirin is a great example- a great general pain relief, yet thins the blood- some of us need that blood thinning property.
Life is just one long adventure into the unknown.
I hope you get well soon Bad_azz, pneumonia is hard to get over but you'll build your strength back up over weeks/ months xx

I have recently spent a lot of time in Jakarta hospital ICUs with two very close friends (one unfortunately died - totally unexpected and not necessarily due to the fault of the hospital, she was likely done for before we got her into the hosptial). Another friend had a heart attack in front of me who thankfully is doing very well now. I was very impressed by the care level provided for the heart attack (emergency anioplasty and multiple stent insertions - Pondak Indah hosptial). If I am unfortunate enough to have a heart issue I would be okay with ending up in that hospital!

Dont skip your yearly check-up guys - get your cholesterol/ lipids checked (even if you are below 40 yo) and don't ignore headaches.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Latest Activity

Online Now

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
duke
Back