Problem with VITAS application - options?

CBRPER

Sorry in advance for the long post. My Indonesian husband applied for a 6 month VITAS via immigration's website and a telex was issued. Before taking it to my local embassy we decided to change it to a 12 month VITAS. We followed the prompts online to update the details. It has since been stuck on 'foreigner validation' in the system for 3 weeks. My husband has been to the Jakarta immigration office and whatsapped them numerous times. The response is the same - there was a system glitch around the election, you have two entries for some reason, wait for a email. Im due to leave end of May so its cutting it close. It looks like i have four options - 1. wait for it to be resolved which will mean potentially rebooking flights, 2. use the 6 month telex and hope that there wont be issues at the embassy, at the boarder or when we go to convert it to a KITAS, 3. apply for a socio-cultural visa and then apply for multiple extensions until i leave briefly in November, 4. go in as a tourist and then apply for a new VITAS for pick up in Singapore. I have an infant and have been apart from my husband for 4 months already, so Im trying to find the best option that will not delay our reunification any longer and wont mean my infant and I have to visit/sit in an immigration office more times we need to. Any idea which route is the least painful? Are there any options ive missed? Thanks in advance.

Option 2 seems attractive? In which you then could include option 1 without the disadvantage....

NB: The coming month the administration -for obvious reasons- will not go more smooth btw!

Last edited:
you can not have multiple visas, so this is probably what is causing the problem. Applying for a social cultural visa on top of that is probably not a good idea.

Option 1 leaves you waiting too long...and it's going to be fasting month soon, so things are going to be even slower around here.

In your shoes, I would go to local embassy and see if the telex still works, and go from there.

Thanks for your replies. I ended up going to option 2 - using the 6 month telex. Im glad i did as they still haven't resolved the glitch for my 12 month application. I successfully got into the country on the 6 month visa and am about to start the KITAS process. Fingers crossed it goes smoothly.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Latest Activity

Online Now

No members online now.

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Les 819