PMA transfer/sale

Minuteman

Charter Member
Cager
With all the constant changes in regulations reference a PMA business, I am considering unloading the thing.

I've been told it is possible to sell or transfer the company to an Indonesian citizen for them to operate as a normal PT company.

Does anyone have any knowledge of the laws and process regulating this type of sale?

Cheers,

It seems to me it would be much more valuable to a foreigner as a PT PMA since purchasing an existing PMA is a way around the high capital investment requirement. What kind of business?

So really just a "Consultant" right? Does it have to be aviation? If it can be purchased by another expat and used for other types of consulting I imagine it would be fairly valuable. If you have any equipment, client lists, etc. of value you could still sell those off to a local PT doing aviation-specific consulting.

I would definitely talk to a lawyer about it.

Also, what do you mean about the changes affecting a PMA? I thought PMAs get grandfathered into whatever restrictions are in place at the time they are founded?

I'm just looking into the option to unload the thing.

To sell a PMA to foreign shareholder you will have to have all documents and licenses in place and valid (i.e. domicile) and you can transfer the shares.
You have to have a permanent business license as well.
The transfer will amend the Izin Prinsip in BKPM with new shareholders.

If you change the field of business (bidang usaha) you will be a subject of new capital requirement and project value-meaning new project, new Izin Prinsip. It also applies (I think-but should be checked) on change of domicile of the company if it is moving to another province.
So it depends on what is written in your Izin Prinsip.
Grandfathering principle applies for licensing and foreign shareholders participation.

Last edited:
I guess liquidation would be in order. Never mind...as long as it is over with.

Hi All-

Wondering if anyone has up to date info regarding the current PMA rules / regulations. I am interested in purchasing/transfering an existing PMA company from a foreign owner.

I'm looking for:
1) A legal consultant who can advise me (in English) on the step by step process who is knowledgeable, experienced and aware of the current regulations

2) Tips from people who have gone through this process. What's most important, What to watch out for, etc. Your help most appreciated!

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Latest Activity

Online Now

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stats
Back