Photo Colorization

OK, here's one that hangs in many offices and homes. Most black and white or if colored, rosy cheeks and red lips is all. I went a bit farther.
RWbIsk.jpg

Off to Jakarta for a week or so. Won't be able to post files but can still access and reply to anyone on my ipad.

Very nice Banana. I did a lot of skin and feature work in my past life while either doing my own photography or helping out start up, with wishful thinking models who couldn't afford a pro editor to work on their non pro photos. Fun to do.

Thanks fastpitch! I tried having a freelance business doing photo retouching (just part-time/for fun while earning something extra), couldn't get it off the ground since the photographers I met/work with were either too cheap to pay, too critical, or they consider themselves 'purist' as to not want to manipulate their photos in anyway, except for an auto leveling and a bit of color enhancement. Would love to do this on a part-time basis! I might not be as fast as I used to in terms of editing, but I'm sure it's like riding a bike, once you do a few pics, it'll all come back!

Thanks fastpitch! I tried having a freelance business doing photo retouching (just part-time/for fun while earning something extra), couldn't get it off the ground since the photographers I met/work with were either too cheap to pay, too critical, or they consider themselves 'purist' as to not want to manipulate their photos in anyway, except for an auto leveling and a bit of color enhancement. Would love to do this on a part-time basis! I might not be as fast as I used to in terms of editing, but I'm sure it's like riding a bike, once you do a few pics, it'll all come back!
I primarily do it because I enjoy it and I have time on my hands. I still get a few request to do some colorization for a couple B?W drawers who don't color at all. Not too much else from the outside. I know, most that want work done do not want to pay much for it. that was OK with me. Restoration is time consuming but the end result is the big payout. It all was an added income before but now, just a hobby.

OK, let's change the subject now. Vietnam War.
Very young man.
boy.jpg

For me anyway, the originals of the last two shots conveys the intensity and character of the scene better.

When you discover your village is now a mass burial site.
Discovery.jpg

I was just, yes, literally just introduced to this website. They say they have the algorithms in place that can colorize any black and white photo now. I gave it a test drive. Not bad unless your photo is busy with things. It does seem to miss some colors and complete sections of photos but for simpler ones it may be fine. When colorizing, the algo have to wait for the rithms to catch up so be patient. Here is my test. What do you think. Me, I think it is interesting but still has a ways to go.
http://demos.algorithmia.com/colorize-photos/

Side by side before and after the way they produced it.
rendered_comparison.png

The full colored photo. Missed the colors on the uniforms and the ground.
9dd51adc7ce34296c22ff9f8de335920_f7b84b66_6207_4.png

Here are some young Balinese Dancers. A young girls dream. Pretty bad photo to start. Again, photos degrade with time.
Youth_Dancers_bali.jpg

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Latest Activity

Online Now

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stats
Back