Pet friendly apartments

despaired

Hi all,

I am wondering how difficult it is to find a pet friendly apartement in central/SBCD Jakarta?

Some online sites indicate that many buildings do not permit pets. Wondering if thats also the case with high end towers? Does that apply to e.g. cats?

Kind regards

I think it depends on the pet. If it is something like a fish, hamster, hedgehog, or sugar glider, you should be fine. They are small enough and don't make any noise. Probably wouldn't need to ask and I don't think if they did an inspection would be upset. My wife and I have 2 fish and are about to get a hedgehog.

Cats and dogs, might be a case by case basis. I would think a dog no matter what size would be a no, but cats might be okay. These I would ask the place you rent the property from. The owner might have their own views on this.

My apartment has a list of 12 rules by the lifts and I did a count of how many I knew that were broken. I believe 10 out of the 12 rules had been broken including the one on no pets. I have seen people in the lifts with small dogs in special carrier bags so the apartment building might have a rule, but the individual apartment owner have their own rules.

I know people who live in (very high end) Dharmawangsa apartments and have dogs. The apartments next to the hotel, not the other building in the dharmawangsa area.

Here are some options but not really high end

This is a good option:

I found this with about 20 seconds with google. Im sure you can spend some time online and find some.

Thanks for the feedback, will go through them. Keeping my fingers crossed, especially since domestic pets do not bother others (eg. a cat is always at home) and I would rather understand if its in other prospects (eg dogs running around the pool area etc.)

Thanks for the feedback, will go through them. Keeping my fingers crossed, especially since domestic pets do not bother others (eg. a cat is always at home) and I would rather understand if its in other prospects (eg dogs running around the pool area etc.)
Just sneak it in and play dumb if they catch you.

Just sneak it in and play dumb if they catch you.

I have wondered if that is what some of the people in my apartment complex do with their dogs. Granted they aren't big dogs, but even if they are in a special travel bag, the apartment people have to know they have a dog in there.

I have wondered if that is what some of the people in my apartment complex do with their dogs. Granted they aren't big dogs, but even if they are in a special travel bag, the apartment people have to know they have a dog in there.
It's common. There's a a sort of secret peace treaty in a lot of apartments. It's kind of like the unwritten rule of public alcohol consumption in Western countries. It's illegal, but as long as the bottle is in a brown paper bag and you don't act out of line, do your thing.

It's common. There's a a sort of secret peace treaty in a lot of apartments. It's kind of like the unwritten rule of public alcohol consumption in Western countries. It's illegal, but as long as the bottle is in a brown paper bag and you don't act out of line, do your thing.
My apartment doesn't allow pets but loads of people have cats and dogs. Someone even has a rescue civet cat.
Personally, I wouldn't keep a pet in a place I'm not allowed (I don't want to have to sneak past security if I need to take them to the vet or out for a walk etc.) but plenty seem to manage without issues.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Latest Activity

Online Now

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Les 819
Back