Passport for KITAP

fastpitch17

Charter Member
Cager
Anyone who can inform me as to how much time needs to remain on someone's passport for a KITAP renewal?

Thanks

Since your passport needs to be at least valid for six months to travel, my guess you'll need a year to be safe But that's pure guessing..and you'll have 50/50 chance if you get an officer who wants to make it difficult...then you probably will get a 'no'.

Anyone who can inform me as to how much time needs to remain on someone's passport for a KITAP renewal?

Thanks
IF the reply is not too late now; You will need at least 18 months passport validity to be able to extend your KITAP, the same apply for 12 months KITAS (new application or renewal). Thanks, Har from Batam

I still have almost 14 months left on my passport and I'm planning to convert my ITAS to ITAP this month , would it be okay ?

I still have almost 14 months left on my passport and I'm planning to convert my ITAS to ITAP this month , would it be okay ?
I don't think that will sufficient, must renew passport first. The nature of 18 months requirement for the passport validity is 12 months you will apply + extra 6 months. I hope it clarifies.

Is the link available where I can check the 18 months window because the immigration websites says ' paspor yang masih berlaku' it doesn't mention any time period. Thanks.

Is the link available where I can check the 18 months window because the immigration websites says ' paspor yang masih berlaku' it doesn't mention any time period. Thanks.
Link provided below for KITAS, I believe the same apply to KITAP, it could be required more because KITAP valid for 5 years, with Multiple entry on basis of 2-1-2 or 2-2-1, CMIIW please. I am sorry I have very less information about KITAP. And since we may not find all information on website, I suggest to make visit to the nearest Immigration office soon because passport renewal if required, will take time to process.

Fotokopi paspor kebangsaan yang sah dan masih berlaku:
  1. Paling singkat 12 (dua belas) bulan bagi yang akan tinggal di Wilayah Indonesia untuk waktu paling lama 6 (enam) bulan;
  2. Paling singkat 18 (delapan belas) bulan bagi yang akan tinggal di Wilayah Indonesia untuk waktu paling lama 1 (satu) tahun; atau
  3. Paling singkat 30 (tiga puluh) bulan bagi yang akan tinggal di Wilayah Indonesia untuk waktu paling lama 2 (dua) tahun.

Apparently the 18 months time window is true though the local immigration officers didn't say it when I showed my passport to them they just told me to extend my passport then applying for ITAP in January since my ITAS expiring in march.

Spoke directly with Embassy staff. Normally 2 to 3 weeks processing time. Right now with holidays 3 to 4 weeks. Said wait until March because they are working on an app based system where it can all be done on line and everything sent via courier saving people a trip to the embassy. That would be nice for those that do not live in Jakarta if it happens. Fee is still US$150.00 via Credit card or Rupiah.

Spoke directly with Embassy staff. Normally 2 to 3 weeks processing time. Right now with holidays 3 to 4 weeks. Said wait until March because they are working on an app based system where it can all be done on line and everything sent via courier saving people a trip to the embassy. That would be nice for those that do not live in Jakarta if it happens. Fee is still US$150.00 via Credit card or Rupiah.
You have a very nice embassy. I was forced to return to my native country to process a new passport because they were "not processing passports during tge pandemic". After 11 years of living in indonesia and nothing to fall back on in my home country, that was not an easy trip. Definately going to look into becoming WNI soon.

You have a very nice embassy. I was forced to return to my native country to process a new passport because they were "not processing passports during tge pandemic". After 11 years of living in indonesia and nothing to fall back on in my home country, that was not an easy trip. Definately going to look into becoming WNI soon.
Nice. Well, OK. As instructed I waited for that never to appear app to process a passport on line. So, figured I better make an appointment through the Embassy link. Figured would need in April since I will be applying for renewed KITAP in June sometime and Embassy site says up to 6 weeks for renewal. Ha, absolutely no appointments available for April. OK, have to go with May. Signed up for early May. Tried to figure out the what ifs. If passport did take 5 to 6 weeks, will I have time? Cutting it too close for comfort.

Called the Embassy and asked if they could change my appointment to an April date and explained the situation and that the only reason I delayed making an appointment was due to the recommendation of Embassy staff. After a lot of what, what's that, what, with a person that certainly shouldn't be answering the phone for US Citizen business, I got it that I would have to make a request via email and nothing can be done over the phone. I sent the email with the full explanation. ow I wait.

I know I am going to run into a greater financial cost. Not only a round trip flight but because Garuda went from 5 flights a day to one and it arrives Jakarta at 11:40 AM and departs Jakarta at 9:30 AM. Guaranteed I can not return the same day so hotel charges. Even worse, they could reschedule me to a time close to arrival time and that would mean a 2 night stay. Add in 1 to 2 days car rental and a passport is getting pretty expensive. Can't forget the cost of the likelihood of 2 PCR test for travel. Consulates don't help. They are further away than the Embassy. I could easily be looking at a 7 to 8 juta passport. Mainly because Immigration says I need 18 months left on it for KITAP renewal.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Latest Activity

Online Now

No members online now.

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stats