Paramotor in Indonesia

Mark Shiels

Hi everyone,
I recently completed a Paramotor course in Thailand and have one solo flight under by belt. I am hoping to continue in this sport in Indonesia however, I am unable to find any place where this is actually been done. About 5 years ago Marunda in north Jakarta used to be a popular place for like minded pilots to meet and fly at weekends. Unfortunately on visiting there last weekend, I was told that this activity has not happened for a long time. Are there any Paramotor or Paragliding enthusiasts out here?

The only place I know is Nusa dua bali off the cliffs ,they have quite a large club .

Hi everyone,
I recently completed a Paramotor course in Thailand and have one solo flight under by belt. I am hoping to continue in this sport in Indonesia however, I am unable to find any place where this is actually been done. About 5 years ago Marunda in north Jakarta used to be a popular place for like minded pilots to meet and fly at weekends. Unfortunately on visiting there last weekend, I was told that this activity has not happened for a long time. Are there any Paramotor or Paragliding enthusiasts out here?

Check with the Indonesian Aerosport Federation: https://www.fai.org/member/federasi-aero-sport-indonesia

They have a paramotor section.

Also I have seen random people just find a nice wide beach and just take off and land from there.

I don't know much about paramotors but have seen them many times in Batu. Sometimes searching Instagram is better in Indonesia.

Evening, I just found the site and saw this by chance. I have just moved to Jakarta and have been flying Paramotors on and off since about 2008. I have a Revo wing and Parajet Machro combination. Currently away working until mid February when I will be back before going to UK for a visit. Plan was to bring my wing back and look to buy a unit over here, it is just way to complicated and expensive to bring my unit in.
Happy to meet up and have a discussion (beer) with like minded souls. I also fly 3-axis microlights and would be interested in finding out about licensing in Indonesia.
Blue skies
Brian

Hi BMG663,
When you know your schedule just send me an email [email protected] or add me on your WhatsApp (my number +60122996333). I am buying a PM from Thailand and bring this in as "check in luggage" and can explain how this works when we meet. I have found a supplier/dealer for PM equipment in Jakarta but my impression is things are expensive (perhaps its down to import duty)? I have other friends who looked at starting a microlight club based on bringing a few AirBike frames however, the US manufacture of this kit went into receivership so this has gone by the wayside. Either way it looks like we have like minded people for you to meet when you come here.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Latest Activity

Online Now

No members online now.

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Les 819