Pandemic - Emergency Stay Permit Expiration

It's now been over 4.5 months since I submitting my D212 social visa to KITAS conversion request. Still nothing! I was expecting at least someone from Immigration would contact me with questions or suggest the process would be quicker if...

Yourself or with an agent? Impossible to take so long. Something is very very badly wrong. If with an agent they are lying. If you did it yourself then why you not follow up before.

Others I know have had theirs back in less than 2 weeks and even already extended a few times on the B211 conversions

You have a problem. I suggest you go to immigration directly and deal with it asap

Who has your passport?

Last edited:
Yourself or with an agent? Impossible to take so long. Something is very very badly wrong. If with an agent they are lying. If you did it yourself then why you not follow up before.

Others I know have had theirs back in less than 2 weeks and even already extended a few times on the B211 conversions

You have a problem. I suggest you go to immigration directly and deal with it asap

Who has your passport?
The application was done directly, not with an agent. The local immigration office has my passport. I have gone to the local immigration office severtal times in person to ask why it;s taking so long. All they say is the application is at the immigration HQ office in Jakarta. The local office gave me the email address to the office but the email bounces back saying their email account is full. It seems like a typical ping pong game with the bureaucracy in Indonesia. I don't want this to go beyond 5 months. Thats just plain crazy.

I've always found that a good strategy to resolve delays is to say that you will not leave the building until you get the document back.
My fear is that they will give me my document back (Passport) without a convertion visa and tell me to leave the country plus pay the 1 million IDR overstay fee per day for the last 5 months! :)

For some whatever crazy reason you are stuck in the system somewhere. Which is their fault not yours. So unless you need your pp urgently just keep chasing. I don't think they're going to return it with no visa so don't worry for that
Anyway there's a max overstay fine limit

While there are no guarantees about anything I would be very surprised if you were penalized while the processing is in their hands. I can't say, "Don't worry" but other than chasing them up I doubt you will be in trouble. Hope it sorts out soon.

For some whatever crazy reason you are stuck in the system somewhere. Which is their fault not yours. So unless you need your pp urgently just keep chasing. I don't think they're going to return it with no visa so don't worry for that
Anyway there's a max overstay fine limit
Yes the maximum fine is 60 days, 60 million IDR or about $4300 USD. Staying longer than that and you have to go to court and face jail time.

Just stay polite and insistent. This is not an overstay situation, you have proof of submission of documents to immigration.

I've always found that a good strategy to resolve delays is to say that you will not leave the building until you get the document back.
Politely, of course. @IndoTom In this case, I would not expect it all to be done in one day, so I would say that the email they have given does not work, and certainly they must have a way to call the Jakarta office for an explanation. So stay until they can give you the update directly from the Jakarta office with a date it will be completed. If you are feeling trusting, await an answer from your local immigration, if you are feeling less trusting, say that you would like to be on the phone call with them.

Artificial delays are a common way of fishing for a bribe without directly asking. To push past this you will need to show them you are informed, firm, and patient. Of course being connected helps as well, so if you have any high up connections this may be a good time to use them.

Sorry you are confronted with this. From Sosbud to Itas - Kitas and then Kitap we were never put in a position where it seemed a "facilitation" fee was being sought. But then this was through Bali imm' offices so perhaps things have been tidied up here.

Its very sad your having to suffer these problems it sounds like bali imm 15 years ago , these days at the new immigration office at jimbaran klas 1 ,the service is "bloody good " , even free coffee !
perhaps when you have finished and you have your kitas and passport in hand , a report to kpk should be submitted .

Sorry I had to delete my immigration trouble results posts to "protect the innocent" if you know what I mean! At the end of the day, people still find ways to corrupt the system.

The declassified version of what I can say about converting my multiple entry D212 social visa to an ITAS is that it took 4.5 months and 7.5 mil IDR. The official fee is only 2.5 mil with the multiple entry exit permit added. It was actually approved within 1 month but the bureaucracy wanted some "fish".

The declassified version of what I can say about converting my multiple entry D212 social visa to an ITAS is that it took 4.5 months and 7.5 mil IDR. The official fee is only 2.5 mil with the multiple entry exit permit added. It was actually approved within 1 month but the bureaucracy wanted some "fish".
In my recent renewal of my “forever” KITAP, there were many times where emails, phone calls, etc, were never returned. Only by going to the office directly, and politely (mostly) talking to staff did we get the paperwork moving quickly.

If we hadn’t taken the direct approach, I think we would still be waiting.

In my recent renewal of my “forever” KITAP, there were many times where emails, phone calls, etc, were never returned. Only by going to the office directly, and politely (mostly) talking to staff did we get the paperwork moving quickly.

If we hadn’t taken the direct approach, I think we would still be waiting.
I went to the immigration office several times to inquire why the process was taking many months. At first their excuse was they were overloaded with applications. But when 4 months had passed since applying we realized there was a intentional delay. The problem is my conversion application was submitted before the process went online several weeks later after the COVID-19 travel lockdown started. So apparently these manual conversion applications were susceptible to monkey business since it was outside of the regular online system.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Latest Activity

Online Now

No members online now.

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsabouttimebc