Pandemic - Emergency Stay Permit Expiration

So, my VOA expired during PSBB. I applied online just got a new b211a visa, still extendable 4 times. One problem is when I applied I didn't realize my sponsor would have to accompany to immigration for every extension, and he often works on a boat offshore for more than a month at a time. Another problem is, I was under the impression a visa agent could apply for my extensions on my behalf, but my immigration officer said it has to be me. Since I live in Karimunjawa, this is quite problematic for me.
Does anyone have experience with 1: using a visa agent to apply for social visa extensions and/or 2: renewing social visas when their sponsor is not able to come?

For a normal b211a visa (ie. not during pandemic), you have to go in for extension at least once, for fingerprinting/photo taking. The agent can go in and drop off the application etc, so to minimize the number of times you have to go to the immigration office. Not sure what the situation is now.

It has been 8 weeks since I applied to convert my D212 multiple entry social visa to a Limited Stay Permit (ITAS / KITAS) sponsored by my wife. I went to the local immigration office to check the status and they said its still being processed in Jakarta. It makes me wonder if I will get the visa before it needs to be renewed. hahaha :ROFLMAO:

The deadline for foreigners stuck in Indonesia with emergency stay permits to sort their visa situation (or leave) has been extended to Oct 5th (from Sept 20th).

Really? Since when? Source? Your link is corrupt and there's no mention of it anywhere in Immigration not even a whisper of a "coming soon" ?

Yeh that one works. Ok thanks.
Btw the B211 is only 5 months in corona. Usually 60 days and 4 x 30
Now it's 30 and 4 x 30
For the 211's issued during corona

It has been 8 weeks since I applied to convert my D212 multiple entry social visa to a Limited Stay Permit (ITAS / KITAS) sponsored by my wife. I went to the local immigration office to check the status and they said its still being processed in Jakarta. It makes me wonder if I will get the visa before it needs to be renewed. hahaha :ROFLMAO:
Hi IndoTom,
Did you get your ITAS yet?
I am in the same boat as you.
converted my D212 to ITAS 6 weeks ago.
completed "cek lapangan" then took photos and fingerprints 4 weeks ago.
I am wondering why it take them so long to approve it?
Is this normal?

Because they are totally inundated with people extending renewing etc and every now and then one of the offices gets shut down from a corona infection or staff are sick

If your process is started then don't worry
Possibly also your agent is shit because you should have your passport back a day or 2 later after the fingerprints since that is one of the final stages
4 weeks from prints is too long. Sounds like a lazy agent to me

Hi IndoTom,
Did you get your ITAS yet?
I am in the same boat as you.
converted my D212 to ITAS 6 weeks ago.
completed "cek lapangan" then took photos and fingerprints 4 weeks ago.
I am wondering why it take them so long to approve it?
Is this normal?
Still no progress but's ok for now. I just worry that if I need to travel in a few moths I'll be stuck here. How about you?

Still no progress but's ok for now. I just worry that if I need to travel in a few moths I'll be stuck here. How about you?
yeah, same here. let us know when you finally get yours, hopefully soon.

Here in Medan, the local immigration office has interpreted the latest edict to mean that if you are here on your last sosbud extension, you have to have applied for your online visa and paid for it by 5October2020, in order to get one. They did not know whether that meant that you could pay ON 5October, or if it meant BEFORE - which would actually mean by today 2October, since the weekend is upon us.

Also they said that the new visa, IF we manage to get one, starts on the day that the "telex" is issued, so if we're already here on a valid visa, time left on that one is lost.

My permohonan is in the system, but the immigration website has not been reachable this morning, so I'm unable to check on the status. Too many last minute applicants perhaps?

I'm thankful to have been allowed to stay here this long, and hope to remain in this still relatively sane country until the world comes back to its senses, but it is a bit stressful the way the visa system seems to change every month or so, such that even the local immigration offices aren't really sure what's going on. Wondering whether I can expect to continue to enjoy this lovely tropical weather, or if I should be buying a ticket and (winter clothes) for one of the few countries still open... Albania maybe? Anyone have any more information on the situation as we approach this latest deadline?

Whatever you get can be extended again anyway for $50 so not a big deal

Whatever you get can be extended again anyway for $50 so not a big deal

Maybe or maybe not, but I was hoping someone might have some actual new information or very recent experience here. The local office said that if I don't pay by 5October, it's game over, that is, it will no longer be possible to get this online visa while in the country. And when my present visa expires near the end of October I must leave. This doesn't make sense, as I have a visa valid until the end of October, but since when do immigration policies (in any country) make sense...

Now We've received a "Notifikasi Untuk Melakukan Pembayaran" which says to pay by 1 November. Does this mean that the local office was wrong to say that I have to pay by 5October or does that deadline still apply? I'm hoping someone here has more actual recent information.

Now We've received a "Notifikasi Untuk Melakukan Pembayaran" which says to pay by 1 November. Does this mean that the local office was wrong to say that I have to pay by 5October or does that deadline still apply? I'm hoping someone here has more actual recent information.

Just pay it now, and avoid having to figure out who was wrong about what. If I could get $1 for every time someone in Indonesian gov't contradicts someone else in Indonesian gov't I could buy an island.

New Immigration rules from the Government of Indonesia came on force 1 October 2020. New PerMen 26 2020(Government Regulation) attached.

Highlights:
-For business visas sponsor has to have at least 10.000 USD in an Indonesian bank,
-The ones with expired KITAP, KITAS or MERP, that has expired while the holder is offshore, stay permit is cancelled and they have to apply for a new one from beginning (Article 9 of the Regulation). It looks like if you have active KITAP, and MERP has been expired while you are still abroad, your KITAP is cancelled?

Attachments

• BN 1139-2020 KUMHAM 26.pdf
    126.6 KB · Views: 239
Last edited:
My wife is planning on going to immigration on Monday and depending on my schedule, I might go with her. I will see if I can find anything out. I'll use the 'I read on the internet/instagram/twitter that.....' line to see if I can get any information.

It looks like if you have active KITAP, and MERP has been expired while you are still abroad, your KITAP is cancelled?

I think this brings it back to the previous status quo? The exemption for expired MERP with valid KITAP being able to enter Indonesia was a temporary exemption due to pandemic.

@dafluff
I think it says explicitly that the stay permit is cancelled (hope I read wrong). I posted the Indonesian original only, and don't have a translation, other than done by google translate.

Art 9.2
Dalam hal Orang Asing pemegang Izin Tinggal terbatas,
Izin Tinggal tetap, atau Izin Masuk Kembali dari
pemegang Izin Tinggal tetap yang habis masa berlakunya
dan berada di luar wilayah Indonesia, Izin Tinggal
dinyatakan berakhir dan wajib mengajukan Visa untuk
dapat masuk Wilayah Indonesia.

@dafluff
I think it says explicitly that the stay permit is cancelled (hope I read wrong). I posted the Indonesian original only, and don't have a translation, other than done by google translate.

Art 9.2
Dalam hal Orang Asing pemegang Izin Tinggal terbatas,
Izin Tinggal tetap, atau Izin Masuk Kembali dari
pemegang Izin Tinggal tetap yang habis masa berlakunya
dan berada di luar wilayah Indonesia, Izin Tinggal
dinyatakan berakhir dan wajib mengajukan Visa untuk
dapat masuk Wilayah Indonesia.

Your interpretation is correct. Has it not always been this way prior to pandemic?

@dafluff
Earlier, if your MERP has been expired and KITAP valid, you could get an Entry permit with validity o week-two if you are offshore. After entry to Indonesia, you would apply for new MERP.

I think that in some KBRIs some could do this procedure straight away and for other KBRIs there was a procedure trough DirJen Imigrasi. So if MERP expired, KITAP was not "dead".

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Latest Activity

Online Now

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stats
Back