Outdoor cafe around south of Jakarta and Tangerang (?)

Felicity

Hi everyone,
So since I work with computer much more often now (online) , it slowly drives me insane to be inside a building (and in front of computer) facing and analysing the same thing. I miss the winds, the sunshine, and some (green) plants. Do you know where I can get that scenery? With coffee and internet would be fantastic. Maybe an outdoor cafe around South of Jakarta and Tangerang you know?

William King

Charter Member
Cager
Bintaro has Sektor 9 Cafe. I used to spend many hours working at Oh la la cafe opposite the driving range, they even sold beer, back in the day.

Then they lost the view (and light breezes) when the driving range became a 4 story lottemart mall and closed down shortly afterwards.

But mostly look for Starbucks, not many outdoor cafes due to preferences for AC.

El_Goretto

Cager
Check out The Breeze in BSD, I'm pretty sure there is internet throughout the place.

Another great view is at the golf club house's restaurant at Damai Indah Golf, also in BSD.

The Green residence also has a nice view and a few cafés to chose from but not sure about wifi. Also in BSD.

El_Goretto

Cager
Here's another recommendation: The Springs Club in Gading Serpong. Nice outdoor area facing pool and greenies. Free wifi, decent food.

Davita

RIP
Charter Member
Another great view is at the golf club house's restaurant at Damai Indah Golf, also in BSD.
Agreed...been there a number of times and witnessed so may dufus golfers it became the place to have lunch and see the show....:becky:
Some ten years ago I nearly bought a monster architected house built on a plot near the river in that area...seemed like a good idea at the time but totally inappropriate for my needs even then, never mind now. It was the price that attracted me...around US$200,000.

Daniel50

The Breeze, BSD, seemed pretty good in the evenings. The drawback I find with outdoor cafe areas, they usually=smokers.

Felicity

aww thanks for the responds.. I might try the golf clubs.
Oops I forgot to add, the places are not usually crowded with people. are they? what is the best time to go to enjoy a nice breeze and quiet environment?

waarmstrong

Charter Member
Cager
There are several places in CITOS with open air seating, some even with a view. The biggest problem with open air coffee/wifi places is that they are often full of smokers. More so now that many indoor cafes with AC don't permit smoking.

Last edited:

El_Goretto

Cager
All the places I mentioned aren't really crowded unless you go on friday/Saturday evening and Sunday/Saturday morning for the golf club.

Supir Angkot

Charter Member
Cager
Hi everyone,
So since I work with computer much more often now (online) , it slowly drives me insane to be inside a building (and in front of computer) facing and analysing the same thing. I miss the winds, the sunshine, and some (green) plants. Do you know where I can get that scenery? With coffee and internet would be fantastic. Maybe an outdoor cafe around South of Jakarta and Tangerang you know?
After a hard day of work in a hot and humid weather haunting the streets with my trusted angkot, finally I am now cruising for the home stretch.
Driving past slums, dirty canals and after sitting all day next to toothless passengers with smelly armpits or mba mba with fake Estee Lauder perfume take toll on my breathing.
More often than not I find myself keeping one hand squeezing the nose while the other fumbles the steering wheel.

And my favorite pit stop for some semblance of sanity, fresh breeze, lush green garden of roses and Thassos cool marble flooring that is Masjid Raya Tangerang.
Your next angkot ride is on me if you happen to hail my route.

Last edited:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Online Now

No members online now.

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
massagejogjadotcom
Top Bottom