our flight is cancelled

Wisnu

Charter Member
Just received email notifications from Turkish air, our flight today Jakarta - istanbul - cairo is cancelled due to bad weather in Istanbul.
No flight rescheduling. Instead they offer full cancellation or free rebooking within a year.
Not very clear. We also not able to contact any number either in indonesia or their customers service. Only machine respond with option for refund but no option for reschedule.
I did check other airline. The price for one way ticket Jakarta - transit airport - Cairo is almost similar as the price of return flight.
So refund is not fair to us.
Any suggestions ?

Stranded in Jakarta

Free rebooking for tomorrow or the day after perhaps?

Go to their desk in jakarta airport & get them to sort it there?

What about your insurance company will they cover anything?

Have been trying to rebook online but no succes (rejected by system).
Yes, we'll go to terminal and ask them to reschedule. We'll see.

Have been trying to rebook online but no succes (rejected by system).
Yes, we'll go to terminal and ask them to reschedule. We'll see.

That must be so fustrating- but seeing as you are stuck in jkt, you might as well head up the airport & see if it can be dealt with face to face & tell them the system is really screwy.
Play real nice & with them and see what is within their powers to make it all up to you.

not really big deal to be stranded in Jakarta as long as we have our confirmed flight schedule.
In fact it is a good excuse to my company to extend my holiday.
But, it is very annoying not able to contact anybody from the airline or to acces online service and have to spent hours in the insane Jakarta traffic to go to the airport and then back home for another flight.

not really big deal to be stranded in Jakarta as long as we have our confirmed flight schedule.
In fact it is a good excuse to my company to extend my holiday.
But, it is very annoying not able to contact anybody from the airline or to acces online service and have to spent hours in the insane Jakarta traffic to go to the airport and then back home for another flight.

That would be frustrating and have me thinking of using a different airline. But perhaps it is arranged through your work.

That would be frustrating and have me thinking of using a different airline. But perhaps it is arranged through your work.

I'm considering to use different airline too. But according to the flight regulations in the airline website, they shall arrange for us with either the next flight or different airline at their discretion.

Still in Sheraton bandara hotel, ckg, They managed to arrange other flight tonight, ie. Emirates via dubai
Several friends can't escape from Istanbul for more than 24 hours
So what happen to us is not bad apart from their poor response on phone or email

I'm considering to use different airline too. But according to the flight regulations in the airline website, they shall arrange for us with either the next flight or different airline at their discretion.

Exactly...it is the country/weather that is the problem.....not the airline.
If every airline had full representation in every country it serves.... better look at the price of a ticket....it should be multiple times what you paid.
Airlines run on very small profit margins and get blamed for everything and people still bitch about the cost.
i.e......
I just flew from Jakarta to Bali yesterday on Lion Air for less than US$50...the straight line distance is 600 miles. The F/A's wear tight sarongs and I sat in an aisle seat...they kept smiling at me until I realized there was a movie star sitting right behind me. The landing braking was a bit jerky...probably 'coz the pilot sounded like he was sober.
The grab taxi from my apartment in Senayan to CGK cost US$12....the straight line distance is 20 miles. The driver stank and his Nissan vibrated at over 110K.
A taxi from my house in Vancouver to YVR would cost around US$60....the straight line distance is also 20 miles. Then I'd probably have to listen to some Sikh's life story...or how the social welfare system didn't benefit the driver because he earns too much.

By your own admission it appears the airline management did its best under the circumstances....so I suggest make the best of your situation and demand champagne.
Have a good, safe, comfortable flight. Emirates is a great airline. I contemplated working for them after mandatory retirement from another....some regret!

Exactly...it is the country/weather that is the problem.....not the airline.
If every airline had full representation in every country it serves.... better look at the price of a ticket....it should be multiple times what you paid.
Airlines run on very small profit margins and get blamed for everything and people still bitch about the cost.
i.e......
I just flew from Jakarta to Bali yesterday on Lion Air for less than US$50...the straight line distance is 600 miles. The F/A's wear tight sarongs and I sat in an aisle seat...they kept smiling at me until I realized there was a movie star sitting right behind me. The landing braking was a bit jerky...probably 'coz the pilot sounded like he was sober.
The grab taxi from my apartment in Senayan to CGK cost US$12....the straight line distance is 20 miles. The driver stank and his Nissan vibrated at over 110K.
A taxi from my house in Vancouver to YVR would cost around US$60....the straight line distance is also 20 miles. Then I'd probably have to listen to some Sikh's life story...or how the social welfare system didn't benefit the driver because he earns too much.

By your own admission it appears the airline management did its best under the circumstances....so I suggest make the best of your situation and demand champagne.
Have a good, safe, comfortable flight. Emirates is a great airline. I contemplated working for them after mandatory retirement from another....some regret!

back at Cairo home safely
Yes, the emirate is nice - good champagne and wine too.
but they are not star alliance, causing another problem to us.
Both emirate and Turkish offer 40 kg/ pax of free baggage allowance, but we get extra 25 kg/pax as gold star alliance FF membership; which was not applicable for emirate.
we had to pay usd 35/kg of excess baggage. we'll see if we can reimburse to Turkish airline.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Latest Activity

Online Now

No members online now.

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stats