Opportunites in Indonesia

johan.segerstedt

Hi,
I’ve just move to Indonesia and I want to ask if there are someone else who also live in Indonesia and know about activities for foreign people?
I am interested to work or study.
Which city is the best to live in as a foreigner and where can I take courses in Bahasa?
(At the moment I live in Jakarta)

Kind Regards
Johan Segerstedt

waarmstrong

Charter Member
Cager
Best city to live in as a foreigner? New York City, of course; just ask any NYC taxi or Uber driver.

Seriously, there is no one-size-fits-all answer. The choice absolutely depends on what you bring to the equation.

Many from abroad have made their home in Indonesia. Perhaps there is one similar to you, with like goals and talents who has earlier journeyed down the same path. That is the person you want to connect with, as he or she is the one who can advise you of the twists, turns and pit falls, as well as the joys and opportunities of traveling a similar path. Alas, you will never connect, if you are willing only to put three or four sentences about yourself on paper.

Balifrog

Hi,
I’ve just move to Indonesia and I want to ask if there are someone else who also live in Indonesia and know about activities for foreign people?
I am interested to work or study.
Which city is the best to live in as a foreigner and where can I take courses in Bahasa?
(At the moment I live in Jakarta)

Kind Regards
Johan Segerstedt
A bit basic as a introduction or question....
Answer(s) depends on many factors
  • what's your age / origine ? Clearly rather young as you mention you want to study ?
  • what is your domain of expertise ?
  • why did you move here ? (Don't answer "I fell in love", because thats not a good reason)
  • seeking employment or looking to set up a business

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Latest Activity

Online Now

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PerIndo