One Championship MMA Series

William King

Charter Member
Cager
Firstly, nicely done on the advertisement and competition, expat forum.

Secondly, let's discuss One MMA here....

One will be in Jakarta in September too.

Comparing One to UFC, I would say ONE goes back to the basics and focuses on the fight/accomplishments and not the personality or putting on a massive show like UFC does.

I saw my first ONE live last year and my only complaint was the start time advertised was different than the actual time. Getting a free ticket upgrade certainly made up for it.

ONE likes to bring in local talent and I am not sure if they did it in January, but they have had 'try outs' before the event. A friend went to the one in Bangkok last year and said it went great.

Nice ! I would think that mma in indonesia could be Hugh. With the differant weight groups I could see a Indonesian fighting on a world wide stage. We need a hero ! (Sorry badminton just doesn't cut it for me).

Nice ! I would think that mma in indonesia could be Hugh. With the differant weight groups I could see a Indonesian fighting on a world wide stage. We need a hero ! (Sorry badminton just doesn't cut it for me).

The Surabaya event has a couple of Indonesian up and coming fighters...

They already do have several...

One of the Indonesian fighters, Su Noto, who was on the past 2 Jakarta cards will be on this card. I saw him and Marcin Prachino about a year ago when they fought in Jakarta. It looks like a solid card for being the first time in Surabaya. Also here is a link to some of the card.There will be more fights with the prelims, the Silat Bout, and I believe there is some type of tournament.

http://www.sherdog.com/events/One-Championship-Conquest-of-Kings-56795

It will be interesting to see how people react in Surabaya compared to Jakarta.

Here is a list of some Indonesian fighters

https://onefc.com/articles/5-elite-martial-artists-doing-indonesia-proud-in-one-championship/

Anthony Engelen is the Indonesian fighter I enjoy watching.

I have heard that the fight night in Surabaya has been postponed with no new date set. So it looks like the next time ONE will be in Indonesia will be September in Jakarta.

Anyone else planning on going to the event in Jakarta?

How one can watch Mayweather Jr Vs McGregor fight streaming on line here, lots of trash talking to hype the fight already.

I have heard that the fight night in Surabaya has been postponed with no new date set. So it looks like the next time ONE will be in Indonesia will be September in Jakarta.

Anyone else planning on going to the event in Jakarta?

Yep. I always go to the events in Jakarta.

How one can watch Mayweather Jr Vs McGregor fight streaming on line here, lots of trash talking to hype the fight already.

I have mixed feelings about this circus. It may well be shown live on fox 1 like the rest of the UFC ppv fights.

Last edited:
If nothing else, I will watch it on a stream.

if it is ok, I will post the link to the web site I use for streams.

FYI RCTI will show the Jakarta event... but I am not sure about the overseas events.

If it is not an official ppv (ie if you did not pay for it) then it's illegal. Regardless of how dodgy or not it seems.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Latest Activity

Online Now

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
radiatestaging
Back