El_Goretto

Cager
Does anyone have problems with "New Posts" this morning?

It's showing as empty for me despite clearly having new posts. I'm wondering if anyone else is having the same issue?

Update: not making any progress. Really dumbfounded as to what is causing this issue since we have not made any modification between last night when it was still working and this morning.

We are now seeking support from Xenforo to help us troubleshoot this problem.

Last edited:
Yes, Alhamdulillah not just me then hahahaha

Update: not making any progress. Really dumbfounded as to what is causing this issue since we have not made any modification between last night when it was still working and this morning.

We are now seeking support from Xenforo to help us troubleshoot this problem.

Whenever computer problems occur I can't help but think of computer operated weaponry. There I am sitting in a tank in Afghanistan and suddenly from around the corner comes a bloke who is carrying what looks like a bazooka. I tap in instructions for the turret to revolve and aim the gun in the direction of this threat. He is down on one knee with the thing on his shoulder. That definitely is a bazooka I use the computer to load and prepare to fire and it suddenly says, "Please enter appropriate code." Bloody hell, we checked all this out before we left the base.
Clearly this Afghan is now aiming at us and there is another fellow with him with a shell. I tap in the code and get "Error 454. consult administrator."

It looks like things are back to normal.

It appears there was a problem with our host.

Please let us know if you experience any difficulty.

I am experiencing age related difficulties with my host; can you help?

I am experiencing age related difficulties with my host; can you help?

You need to drink the blood of a young virgin and pledge your soul to our lord satan.

If it's too complicated, just eat omega-3 pills, I heard it's good for old people.

Yes seems to be working for me also now thanks

Dare I guess that during this tragic outage that the login details of Pak Fred were accidentally supressed?

Dare I guess that during this tragic outage that the login details of Pak Fred were accidentally supressed?

No we did no such thing, thinking there may be some more entertainment value to be had but it seems he's already flounced. Let's see how long that lasts.

Bans, when/if they occur are a very public thing in Expatindo. If there is no announcement, it means that there is no ban. He is free (and dare I say, welcome) to post whenever he has something to post. I, for once, wouldn't want to miss any of his posts. The voluntary display of his idiocy is his own sanction and we certainly don't need to add to it.

I think he's just healing his wounds and, perhaps, has realized that it was time for an accelerated Bahasa Indonesia course. Knowing to know how to say satu, dua, tiga. is great, but somewhat limited for a conversation with your fellow. ;)

He is / was from Yorkshire, very pelit, his bill never gets as high as tiga, only to dua aja

No we did no such thing, thinking there may be some more entertainment value to be had but it seems he's already flounced. Let's see how long that lasts.

I am taking bets on the "not long" side.

But perhaps he has other vocations to pursue. If Jeff Sessions is the standard, Fred has the correct disposition and intelligence quotient for the US Attorney General job.

He is / was from Yorkshire, very pelit, his bill never gets as high as tiga, only to dua aja
OI! Leave Yorkshire out of it, some of us Yorks peeps are lovely :p

& I have obviously missed some posts somewhere - c'mon guys what have I been missing re fred- (i don't think I had him on "ignore" ...hmm maybe I did?)

PS the JKT BDG toll road is so bad now the shuttle buses are going up & round Puncak... & as I commute at least every week I started to wish for a quick & painless death.
[edit- soz that seemed random, blame lack of sleep- I was just thinking how little time I get to look online at anything & mainly cos most of my time is spent on the road]

& I have obviously missed some posts somewhere - c'mon guys what have I been missing re fred- (i don't think I had him on "ignore" ...hmm maybe I did?)

PS the JKT BDG toll road is so bad now the shuttle buses are going up & round Puncak... & as I commute at least every week I started to wish for a quick & painless death.
[edit- soz that seemed random, blame lack of sleep- I was just thinking how little time I get to look online at anything & mainly cos most of my time is spent on the road]

How about KAI and then Grab once you arrive at Gambir or Jatinegara?

How about KAI and then Grab once you arrive at Gambir or Jatinegara?
Mainly because tickets are a PAI to get and then my schedule can change last minute so I would have to fart about with that - then the additional travel to Gambir. Then the additional travel at the Bandung end of the line- at least an hour extra each side making it a 5 + hour journey.
Believe me I have considered it.
I have actually got accustomed to the long ride on the toll road & usually grab some much needed sleep or read my book... I didn't manage that, going up round the mountains in the pissing down rain with landslide evidence all around was bad enough & when the driver started passing trucks on the wrong side of the road on the bends, I just could not get into the snooze zone haha- I was in the gripping armrest & heart in mouth zone.

My itineraries are a bit more flexible, but I still cannot stomach the toll road hassle magnified to an unbearable level by the maddeningly slow construction. I am taking the train, plane, or going places other than Bandung if its not done when we are back for the summer.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Latest Activity

Online Now

No members online now.

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Les 819