New Overstay Daily Fine?

ChrisD

Posting for info as not personally an issue.

I believe the daily overstay fine is rising from 300,000 to 1 million Rp.

There was a sign at Bali airport on this but no one knows if/when this is effective.

Could make a change on the decision on a couple of days overstay vs a visa hop.

Anyone know any more on this?

Cheers

Chris

Posting for info as not personally an issue.

I believe the daily overstay fine is rising from 300,000 to 1 million Rp.

There was a sign at Bali airport on this but no one knows if/when this is effective.

Could make a change on the decision on a couple of days overstay vs a visa hop.

Anyone know any more on this?

Cheers

Chris

Not thinking of overstaying I hope

No I am fine (just turned 55 so retirement KITAS about to be started).

It is often an issue here in Bali though (and was just reading that post from a few months ago from the Austrian lady whose boyfriend was in ICU and overstayed).

I've heard of this a little while ago. I also wonder when this will be implemented.

I've heard of this a little while ago. I also wonder when this will be implemented.

They need to sign the new law, and as far as I know they haven't. But if there are signs at imigrasi, maybe they did and haven't published it yet. As soon as I know about it I am planning on updating the website.

Personal view: the Rp 1 juta fine is stupid.

The Peraturan Pemerintah RI tentang jenis dan tarif atas jenis penerimaan negara bukan pajak yg berlaku pada depkumham (this is the official name of the relevant regulation) was due to be passed in 2017. By law, administrative fees levied by all ministries should be revised at the maximum three years after their first enactment. Considering that the present set of fees have been enacted in May 2014, the government was already late passing the new regulation.

The latest governmental regulation I have has been passed mid November (PP 47/2017) and concerns PT Indonesia Asahan Aluminium. If the new regulations concerning Non Tax State Revenues levied by the Ministry of Justice and Human Right has been passed it is after November 15th and I don't have yet any confirmation or official document.

What is certain is that the overstay fee will be drastically increased, which imho is certainly legitimate. It has been discussed by pejabat for the past two years now. As it stands it doesn't act as a deterrent and an overstay is an offense taken far too lightly by foreigners. I guess that back home overstaying a visa is not seen kindly. Same here.

Also, one has too remember that the amount of PNBP levied by the Ministery of Justice and Human Rights have drastically decreased since 2015 (more than Rp 1,4 trillions being amputed from the Ministery yearly budget) with the full implementation of the visa free program. A revision of the fees was urgent and I am afraid that a few categories among us will be asked to contribute more to help compensate this.

I have always been amazed at how gullible we (the Expat population) are. There are still people out there who believe in the "free KITAP" and other chimere.

If there are any board with the logo of Depkumham on it who advertise a Rp 1.000.000 fee for overstay it means that the PP has been passed already (therefore after November 15th) and is effective.

1 junta seems very high when compared with Thailand for instance.
On the other hand who overstays anywhere better crosses nothing happens to him, and no police check during that period....

I guess it all relevant while 1 junta seems like a lot, in California you will get a fine of 328 dollars for driving in the carpool lane while you are alone in your car...That's 4.4 junta. So I guess if you drive in the carpool lane in Calif it' no big deal to overstay your visa eh.
Alway wondered where they came up with such a random number, why not 325 or 350 . These thoughts can drive you crazy.

The Peraturan Pemerintah RI tentang jenis dan tarif atas jenis penerimaan negara bukan pajak yg berlaku pada depkumham (this is the official name of the relevant regulation) was due to be passed in 2017. By law, administrative fees levied by all ministries should be revised at the maximum three years after their first enactment. Considering that the present set of fees have been enacted in May 2014, the government was already late passing the new regulation.

The latest governmental regulation I have has been passed mid November (PP 47/2017) and concerns PT Indonesia Asahan Aluminium. If the new regulations concerning Non Tax State Revenues levied by the Ministry of Justice and Human Right has been passed it is after November 15th and I don't have yet any confirmation or official document.

What is certain is that the overstay fee will be drastically increased, which imho is certainly legitimate. It has been discussed by pejabat for the past two years now. As it stands it doesn't act as a deterrent and an overstay is an offense taken far too lightly by foreigners. I guess that back home overstaying a visa is not seen kindly. Same here.

Also, one has too remember that the amount of PNBP levied by the Ministery of Justice and Human Rights have drastically decreased since 2015 (more than Rp 1,4 trillions being amputed from the Ministery yearly budget) with the full implementation of the visa free program. A revision of the fees was urgent and I am afraid that a few categories among us will be asked to contribute more to help compensate this.

I have always been amazed at how gullible we (the Expat population) are. There are still people out there who believe in the "free KITAP" and other chimere.

If there are any board with the logo of Depkumham on it who advertise a Rp 1.000.000 fee for overstay it means that the PP has been passed already (therefore after November 15th) and is effective.
An update:
Since I posted the above quoted post on January 1st, I have received the remaining Peraturan Pemerintah passed for 2017 (up to number 66 passed on December 29th) plus the 3 first one passed in 2018 (legalized on January 5th): No new regulation concerning non tax state revenue levied by Imigrasi yet.

I will keep updating the thread. I Have asked my friend to keep emailing me any new Peraturan Pemerintah and she's promised to do so regularly.

Hi there

Does anyone know yet for sure if this fine has increased?

I made a huge error booking my departing flight and will be in this situation next week.
Is there any way we can find out for sure if the fine has increased?

Please and thank you

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Latest Activity

Online Now

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Les 819
Back