Hi Everyone. It's great to be here. I hope to connect with like minded people and make new connections.

I am South African and currently live in Bandung. I will be most grateful for anyone who can suggest Business Development roles or Business Management roles I can apply for in Indonesia or even other countries in Asia.

I have 23 years corporate experience, speak Indonesian on a conversational basis and have lived in Indonesia on and off since 2003. My wife is Indonesian too.

I left the corporate world in 2010 to focus on entrepreneurial pursuits as well as writing books. I have authored and published my first children's book which I am currently selling and am currently taking pre-orders for my second children's book.

I am also currently studying for a TEFL qualification but apparently South Africans cannot teach in Indonesia.

I do however need to secure a position with a regular income at this point and will be most grateful for anyone's assistance.

For reference please contact me on [email protected] or WA +62 818 0953 2866. My website is www.francoiskeyser.com.

Thank you and God bless

I am also currently studying for a TEFL qualification but apparently South Africans cannot teach in Indonesia.

Hi Francois, and welcome to the forum.

The comment that South Africans cannot teach in Indonesia is not true. At one stage, perhaps 2011 or 2012 the government only allowed citizens of 5 nations to teach English (UK, USA, Australia, Canada and NZ) because these were the nations that they thought were native speakers of English.

After much complaint from citizens of Philippines, Ireland, India, various African nations and with much pressure from many schools and ANPS (Association of National and Private Schools) they expanded the regulations to be that if competency in English can be proved then anyone from any nation may teach. This competency is usually proved with a degree in English or degree in English Literature. (though DIKNAS, Manpower and Immigration officials may well accept other methods of showing competency as well.)

The next challenge with South African qualifications is that many South African qualifications for teaching are (or used to be) called a Diploma of Teaching. That's just a matter of educating the relevant official that the Diploma of Teaching is a 3 year qualification and therefore equivalent to the degree requirement.

All the best, and good luck with finding Business development roles!

Welcome to the forum Francois. For a moment I thought you were French with such a name! I'm French btw.

Welcome to the forum :) I worked in business development for several years in various industries but haven't found many opportunities in Indonesia. What sort of industries have you worked in?

Welcome to the forum & always good to have more Bandung people in here.
We should meet up - let's do coffee :D somewhere not too posh.

Welcome to Bandung and the forum! I'm an English teacher who moved here 2 years ago, and I know of some teachers from countries other than the typical "English speaking" ones, like a Filipino who has a KITAS for teaching English and others from various countries who teach other subjects but the classes are conducted in English. Good luck!

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Latest Activity

Online Now

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsabouttimebc
Back