New immigration fees from 2nd may 2019

sumyunggai

PP 28/2019 (please post link if you have it)

Rise in overstay fee from 300k to 1 million per day

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1556609564267.jpg
    FB_IMG_1556609564267.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 410
Last edited:
I will update our information articles as soon as I can get a copy of the relevant PP, but I can't seem to find a link.

OK found it....I will post an article about it hopefully later today.

It looks like acquiring nationality on basis of marriage to Indonesian is up from 2.5 million to 15 million, kitap increases from 3.7 to 5 million, kitas 1 million up to now 1.5 million and many more

Last edited:
It looks like the 24 page passport is cancelled?

Now only 48 page @ 350k, or electronic 48 page @ 650k

Also you can pay 1 million extra for same-day passport service.

VoA fee is no longer $35, but 500k IDR (same same but different).

7 day VoA deleted?

VITAS, was $55 (6 months), $105 (1 year), or $180 (2 years), now $150.

Visa telex was 100k now 200k.

Visit permit 30 days was 300k now 500k, 500k for 30 day extension, 750k for 60 day extension

ITAS was 650k/1000k/1600k (6m/1y/2y), now 1000k/1500k/2000k.
ITAP was 3700k then 10200k (application then unlimited extension), now seems to be 5000k, 5000k for a 5 year extension OR 10200k for an unlimited extension

IMK no change 600k/1000k/1750k (6m/1y/2y)

Affidavit was 350k now 400k

So it looks like they took out all the non-electronic options, both for ITAS/ITAP. Makes sense I guess.

They also seem to have forgotten to put in biometric fee. I wonder if that means the Rp 55k is now included, or if the old fee is still collected...

Wow. Thanks to sumyunggai ,you have save me Rp12.5 juta due to I paid before the dateline. Thanks.(y):giggle:

Base on this the new fees should start on 3rd of May.

Last edited:
Hopefully not stating the obvious, but just to be clear... I'm guessing there will be no more free visas for tourists? The only option for tourists will be the 30 day VoA for 500K?

Hopefully not stating the obvious, but just to be clear... I'm guessing there will be no more free visas for tourists? The only option for tourists will be the 30 day VoA for 500K?

No, the "free visa" is still available, and still free.

Legal note: it is not a visa, actually. It is a visa waiver.

It looks like the extension cost is now the same 500k for the visa on arrival as it cost in the first place?

1 million per day is really too much for a country that strives to be a tourist destination.

Maybe intended to be disuasive for those that "play" a bit with the tourist visa rules ?
Personally, being a seasoned traveler I can not see any reason for overstay except sudden, important medical issue and for those I am sure there is a way to handle it legally.

It is, but it is too much anyway. Thailand, for example, has much lesser fines.

Malaysia has high overstay fines, but there are hundreds of thousands of illegal workers there, so the policy is understandable.

Indonesia is neither a top tourist destination neither has a significant number of illegal or legal immigrant workers.

^ Nobody really knows. While the inofficial (and unverifiable) numbers for Malaysia are up to 3 million, for Indonesia some* speculate it could be up to 10 million.

I agree with @Balifrog and think an efficient and good and welcoming tourist industry is not depending in any way on low overstay fines. Don't do the crime if you can't do the time. Not to say there is a just and fair fining system in place in this country...

* anti Chinese sentiments

Last edited:
The PP really stipulated that it should start on 3-May-2019. I did the payment on 1-May-2019. After I did that out off the blue with out any indication of disruption notice the website indicate system under maintenance and the status at voucher web site indicate is not paid. After I sent a letter to the humas at the end today I saw it is now indicate paid. When I did try input the voucher the system indicate the voucher number is not found. Really! By right it should have validity for 60 days. I was "help" by the staff at Bandung which have a "friend" at Jakarta office which at the end told me I need to re-apply again with new regulation and when I told about the 3-May regulation he told me in a manner that we have help you pls do not push it. And was told the payment will be return. But I not sure of it will, due to the process it take is not that simple with money that have gone into the goverment pocket. So I sent email again to humas and while waiting try to borrow money to get this thing done before my KITAP lapse.:sick:

Attachments

• 1556957291573.png
    1556957291573.png
    31.9 KB · Views: 285
Last edited:
Well at the end I manage to get the problem resolve. It was approve @Rp2.5juta and now waiting the original document to be verify. :giggle:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Latest Activity

Online Now

No members online now.

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Les 819