need help for sending package from USA to Indonesia

Vache

Hello
I am moving to Indonesia and need help of sending my stuff to Indonesia. Do you know any service that have a address in USA which will deliver my packs to Indonesia fast and cheap ?

There are some. E.g.:

I have personally no experience with those who ship from the US.

Thank you jstar .

what are other companies ? if you could give me the list of them I will be very happy. I will find the cheapest way to send my stuff (maybe it will be cheaper to send from 3rd part of country )

thank you

Vache, it is not clear if your move is to be covered by a company allowance or you are bearing the full costs. Nor if this is a long or short term stay. Moving here some three years ago the prevailing advice was that the complexities and costs associated with a consignment were such that I limited myself to the maximum amount of accompanied air baggage. I did have the advantage of having to make several trips and two lots of suitcases carried by relatives. All in all about 320 kilos. As personal goods and no boxes of obviously newly bought goods I had no problems with taxes or customs.

See attached - sorry in Indonesian but you can use google translate.

Import duty and tax exemption can be granted to:

Foreign nationals who, because of their work, move into Indonesian customs areas with their families after obtaining:
1) a temporary residence permit from the Directorate General of Immigration as evidenced by a Temporary Resident Permit Card for at least 1 (one) year; and
2) temporary work permit from the department in charge of labor as evidenced by a Temporary Worker Permit Card for at least 1 (one) year.

Attachments

• 28-PMK-04-2008 PBM.pdf
    142.8 KB · Views: 342
I've shipped 6 large boxes from US to Jakarta 4 months ago. I've used the company "International Parcel Services" (www.ipsparcel.com). You have the option to choose the shipping rates (depending on the weight). I was surprise that its only took about 10 days to get here (you be able tracked the status on line) it took another 2 weeks to get it out of the storage. I had to make a statement to the custom official that I am planning to relocate and items shipped for personal use only.
I hope this info will helps.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Latest Activity

Online Now

No members online now.

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nadeeshaf