Need advice on how much to get kitchen cabinets in new house build.

Danbo

So I'm in the process of building new house in Cimahi. Got a budget set aside for 50 million for the kitchen. I'm worried about going over. Would it be possible to get a l shaped kitchen full of cabinets for 20 to 30 million?

Ruserious

Normally they charge on a per m basis. How long and how high is the area? Tbh 20-30m sounds low but it depends on the space.

Bad_azz

Charter Member
Cager
My husband has made mine by hand for me & done a fine job, he is a bit of a perfectionist.
Re costs- it would depend many things-
If you want a unique look or a run of the mill look?
What type of wood you want, if you just want mdf cheaper but likely to rot in the humidity
Wall cabinets and base cabinets, both? how many?
What do you want as countertops too, we opted for granite tiles and have been perfectly happy with them the prices of the melamine countertops in the hardware/kitchen stores was ridiculously high in comparison.

My kitchen is a mix of granite tile tops, base cabinets with drawers & shelves, a mix of super strong Triplek and teak - as much as possible of the wood used was recycled.
One side is a natural teak & black mix one side is a teak, gunmetal grey & white mix- it works
It would depend on if plumbing/wiring/tiling needs to be done - I am lucky my family do all that.

So, yes to have a handmade, strong & unique kitchen can cost less than the amount set aside, to buy a kitchen off the shelf may cost more- & that is Indonesia the place where labour costs are cheaper than imported cheap products.

waarmstrong

Charter Member
Cager
The cabinets for our Jaktim house were made by a friend who's family was in the export furniture business at the time, about 12 years ago. It is a galley style kitchen; the pictures show each side. All were custom made. I don't have the cost records here in the USA, but I do recall that I considered them remarkably inexpensive compared to prices in Midwestern America.
IMG_0134.jpg
IMG_0135.JPG

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Activity

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Online Now

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toniliu
Top Bottom