Music

This can change at any moment, but I think it'll be easier if I just list what I consider to be perfect albums from my favorite genres.

Classic rock: Led Zeppelin - Physical Graffiti
Hip hop: Wu-Tang Clan - Enter the Wu-Tang (36 Chambers)
Hard rock: Def Leppard - Pyromania
Jazz: Miles Davis - Kind of Blue
Trip hop: Portishead - Dummy
Reggae: Bob Marley - Catch a Fire
Soul / R&B: Al Green - I'm Still in Love with You
Electronica: Air - Moon Safari
Metal: System of a Down - Toxicity

I've been gravitating to Tubeway Army lately. Not a fan of Gary Numan in particular, but his early endeavours are growing on me.

The hubby's band have now changed course from doing cover versions to writing their own stuff.
They have just completed a mini-album, it has been their project through the pandemic & I am glad they decided to use their talents in a productive way, they have done all this independently.

Here's a link to their debut single on Youtube:

Please take a look & like/subscribe if you enjoy their work & would like to be supportive, it would be very much appreciated.

The hubby's band have now changed course from doing cover versions to writing their own stuff.
They have just completed a mini-album, it has been their project through the pandemic & I am glad they decided to use their talents in a productive way, they have done all this independently.

Here's a link to their debut single on Youtube:

Please take a look & like/subscribe if you enjoy their work & would like to be supportive, it would be very much appreciated.

This rocks. :D

This rocks. :D
Thank you :) to be totally honest this isn't my fave from the songs they have made.
The others will come soon enough, they plan to launch the album after ramadan.
Watch out for Air Air, one of my faves.

Thank you :) to be totally honest this isn't my fave from the songs they have made.
The others will come soon enough, they plan to launch the album after ramadan.
Watch out for Air Air, one of my faves.

Will do for sure. Will be good for me to learn some language from the lyrics too. The instrumentals are really tight though. :D

I just spent over a hundred dollars on a limited-edition record that I won't even able to bring back until later this year. If you love music and think you could get into collecting vinyl, I implore you: stick to digital.

I've only been into this hobby a month and already it's costing me a fortune. There's something very addictive about playing records. Fair warning.

I just spent over a hundred dollars on a limited-edition record that I won't even able to bring back until later this year. If you love music and think you could get into collecting vinyl, I implore you: stick to digital.

I've only been into this hobby a month and already it's costing me a fortune. There's something very addictive about playing records. Fair warning.
Before I left the UK, I took our VAST vinyl collection of albums & singles to the local radio station, there were boxes & boxes of them... I just can't see the point in them, hanging onto the past just isn't my style

Gave all my vinyl, cassettes & CD's to charity when I was becoming a minimalist. Now have around 4000 albums, many of them flac files (free lossless audio codec) on computer & backed up to a portable hard drive, cost me next to nothin'.

In some strange nostalgic way I miss the sound of a dirty stylus ripping across a vinyl record that I paid good money for & the accompanying panic it induced.

Wow, you had me curious enough to take a look, I think we had just about every Beatles album, including some fairly rare picture discs - I hope the local radio place has sold them off & used the funds for the community :D

Yeah, someties I wonder who got my old stuff & whether the charity knew what they were selling.
When my ex's father passed away he had hundreds of old lp's which we gave to local community radio station who had many segments of different kinds of music for young & old & I got a bit of pleasure on sometimes hearing them play some of the stuff.. So they went to good use.

Last edited:
Before I left the UK, I took our VAST vinyl collection of albums & singles to the local radio station, there were boxes & boxes of them... I just can't see the point in them, hanging onto the past just isn't my style
Vinyl is no longer the past:

https://www.thejakartapost.com/life...urpass-cd-revenue-first-time-since-1980s.html

It's current and keeps growing. People want to physically own their music again, and take the time to enjoy full albums, instead of downloading individual songs or allowing some app to DJ for them. Besides, tons of new albums are being pressed on vinyl.

You might've given that radio station hundreds if not thousands of dollars worth of music, so I salute you. I'm not knocking digital, by the way. I still enjoy its convenience and affordability, but now it's incidental to my passion for records and vintage gear.

Gave all my vinyl, cassettes & CD's to charity when I was becoming a minimalist. Now have around 4000 albums, many of them flac files (free lossless audio codec) on computer & backed up to a portable hard drive, cost me next to nothin'.

In some strange nostalgic way I miss the sound of a dirty stylus ripping across a vinyl record that I paid good money for & the accompanying panic it induced.
I am tempted to get a hi-fi streaming device. It'll certainly save me a crapload of money if I supplement my vinyl collecting with it.

I learned to be extremely careful when handling the tonearm. That scratch is the most repulsive sound I can think of, even worse than a child singing dangdut.

Vinyl is no longer the past:

https://www.thejakartapost.com/life...urpass-cd-revenue-first-time-since-1980s.html

It's current and keeps growing. People want to physically own their music again, and take the time to enjoy full albums, instead of downloading individual songs or allowing some app to DJ for them. Besides, tons of new albums are being pressed on vinyl.

You might've given that radio station hundreds if not thousands of dollars worth of music, so I salute you. I'm not knocking digital, by the way. I still enjoy its convenience and affordability, but now it's incidental to my passion for records and vintage gear.
For me it is long in the past :D
I moved beyond 'possessions', I kinda cleared the collecting mentality out of my head when I had to fit the contents of a 4 bedroomed house into 4 suitcases :D

I learned to be extremely careful when handling the tonearm. That scratch is the most repulsive sound I can think of, even worse than a child singing dangdut.

Agreed, scratches are a tragedy, I was talking about that ball of stuff or fluff on the needle that would send the needle staight across the grooves to the centre making that zipping sound.

Dunno what you paid over a hundred US bucks for but hope it wasn't something the likes of Daft Punk like an ol' mate of mine from that other forum was into if I remember correctly......:ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Agreed, scratches are a tragedy, I was talking about that ball of stuff or fluff on the needle that would send the needle staight across the grooves to the centre making that zipping sound.

Dunno what you paid over a hundred US bucks for but hope it wasn't something the likes of Daft Punk like an ol' mate of mine from that other forum was into if I remember correctly......:ROFLMAO:
I've never had that happen, but I'm quite meticulous with cleaning my stylus.

It was a limited-edition (only 25K produced) Miles Davis 'Kind of Blue'. It meets the highest audiophile standards and offers the truest sound. You know, I'm a fan of house music but never got into Daft Punk that much. I get why fans would pay so much money though. They broke up recently so anything Daft Punk soared in prices.

I've never had that happen, but I'm quite meticulous with cleaning my stylus.

It was a limited-edition (only 25K produced) Miles Davis 'Kind of Blue'. It meets the highest audiophile standards and offers the truest sound. You know, I'm a fan of house music but never got into Daft Punk that much. I get why fans would pay so much money though. They broke up recently so anything Daft Punk soared in prices.
Oh that begs for comment :D

Ok the hubby's band mainly seem to do Instagram & Spotify - I am not all that conversant with either lol...
But I managed to copy an IG link (I surprised myself at that lol) to one of their fab songs that I collaborated on the lyrics with them.
Queen of Saritem is the song
Brian Rock is the band
@starfvcker_records is the label enjoy:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Latest Activity

Online Now

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nightclubs
Back