MOVING TO SERPONG - HELP NEEDED - PLEASE

Paul_C

Hi All,

We have been living in Surabaya for almost a year, come July (2019), and are being relocated to Serpong.

Where is the best location to live? (subjective I know)

We will be re-locating with our dog therefore we need a house with a back garden.

We need some advice from you all so I don't spend weeks and weeks searching on the internet for a place.

Thanks in advance,:)

Paul and Allison

:uk:

So many options.

Serpong means anywhere in:
BSD
Gading Serpong
Alam Sutera

All these places have nice secure housing complexes with facilities to walk dogs.

Where will your work place be exacly? I am able to recommend one or two English speaking property agents to help you with your search.

Hi and thanks,

Having only been to the facility once last month, and the new facility still being under construction, it's near the HALLIBURTON factory / office, which is near the Taman Makam Pahlawan Seribu! I don't mind travelling to and from work (up to 45 mins ish), we really looked hard in Surabaya and eventually found a place which suited all our needs, bedrooms, space, security, near the mall but far enough away, quiet, etc etc, and are hoping we have similar success in Serpong. We have been told there are many expats in Serpong and having a community near us would be great, as there doesn't appear much of a community here in Surabaya (happy to be proven wrong).

Paul

Wow Paul, that is really south south Tangerang. It almost makes a place like Alam Sutera very impractical to live. (Could be up to an hour.) And even Gading Serpong is rather far. That leaves BSD. Or perhaps even places in Banten.

Close to Æon there are some nice developments. @El_Goretto lives close by and probably knows these best (I'm more familiar with the northern side of Serpong).

Thanks jstar, I honestly don't mind the commute, and if it's a good place to live I will accept the commute over an OK place to be. If you could live somewhere where would it be... at the moment we are bring told about places available in Goldfinch and Bellano village? we don't know where to start looking and wheres good and where to avoid.

Thanks,

Paul

told about places available in Goldfinch and Bellano village

Both Summarecon and Paramount have quite good developments. An aunt of my wife and a cousin are living there and there’s nothing wrong with those house clusters. Many Chinese Indonesian live there.

In those kompleks, keeping dogs is completely fine and there is security. As well as a central pool etc. But very often, the trend is like in the US; a big house on a parcel which has the size of a stamp. The corner (hoek) houses have more land but very often there’s no real fence. Esp. In the very new developments.

I take it you want to rent, when I went to look at show units (to buy) I was always somewhat shocked by the built quality. Pretty from afar but up close, hmm. And as always, water leak problems etc. etc.

To be honest, you find these clusters you mentioned all over South Tangerang. There’s a huge amount of land made available to these developers. And it’s a bit 13 in a dozen; they are all very similar. And the houses just differ in their front appearance (yes it really is suburbia.)

So with the houses being rather similar, I would look at which mall and restaurants you like more, SMS (a so so mall but great outside area with many resto) or Æon (beautiful mall but more sterile). If you like to have a drink, eat some pork (you get my drift) etc. Gading Serpong might be better than BSD. If you don’t care about that at all, consider BSD first because of the proximity. After that you have narrowed it down and you can talk to the Ray Whites or Century21s of the world....

Last edited:
Reactions: LRB
Although to be fair, going between BSD and Gading Serpong is a 15mn affair (like, say, between Summarecon Mall Serpong and Aeon or The Breeze).

But BSD would be closer to your work place, so sort of in between your work place and Gading Serpong.

I also find the toll access easier in BSD than Gading Serpong and less traffic overall.

I also find the toll access easier in BSD than Gading Serpong and less traffic overall.

That's true. But it also depends where you need to be. You're more going to PIM, Kemang etc. (JakSel) while me I'm always going towards the north as Glodok and KG (JakUt). So for me it's more the Merak Toll Road. And yes, it can be hell, also in weekends.

That's true. But it also depends where you need to be. You're more going to PIM, Kemang etc. (JakSel) while me I'm always going towards the north as Glodok and KG (JakUt). So for me it's more the Merak Toll Road. And yes, it can be hell, also in weekends.

Indeed but from BSD there is easy access to the lingkar luar Barat which doesnt add much to the trip to Tomang, Glodok, etc.

Kelapa Gading seems way out of reach for me though. I've only been there once or twice.

BTW, a new section of toll road is connecting Jakarta - Serpong Toll with Jakarta - Merak Toll, pretty much running parallel to Lingkar Luar Barat.

I wonder how this will affect the traffic dynamics.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Online Now

No members online now.

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nadeeshaf
Back