tom

Banned
Hey all, I need to move my personal effects urgently from Jakarta to Singapore within the next couple of weeks. Anyone know of a company that could help me out? I have heard of this website www.kargo.co.id/en and thinking of giving them a shot but would be open to other suggestions :)

Hey Tom,

I have used kargo Indonesia before. I had a very good experience with them, had an amazing turn-around time. I only shipped my goods from Jakarta to Bali via 40ft container but the service was instant and cheap.
A lot of the other companies don't have as cheaper price and are a lot slower (in-house inspections, slow truck allocation, don't speak English)
Go for yoo life though, good luck :clap2:

A lot of the other companies don't have as cheaper price and are a lot slower (in-house inspections, slow truck allocation, don't speak English)

That hasn't been my experience AT ALL. Never just pick a moving company based on random unknown people on the internet. Get quotes from a variety of reputable places. Allied Pickfords is the best in my opinion (but don't listen to me, contact them.)

Hey Tom,

I have used kargo Indonesia before. I had a very good experience with them, had an amazing turn-around time. I only shipped my goods from Jakarta to Bali via 40ft container but the service was instant and cheap.
Go for yoo life though, good luck :clap2:

Wow, really "guy-who-just-signed-up-the-same-day-as-original-poster"?

They have INSTANT service? Did they use teleporters? And here I thought that wasn't invented yet.

I find their internet advertising team a bit suspect tho...hopefully not a reflection of their integrity.

I think Tom became William. Oh how names change so fast in this country.

What I find remarkable is that people think obvious shilling will attract people to their company. I'd prefer honest companies, myself.

A note from your friendly mod to posters: Our "don't pick on newbies" policy remains in effect and this thread should not be taken as evidence that the policy has changed. With our sooper-dooper mod powers, though, we have been able to confirm to our satisfaction that this is shilling.

As shilling is not permitted by our posting guidelines, let's just say we're taking a slightly more ... relaxed ... view of this particular thread.

As shilling is not permitted by our posting guidelines, let's just say we're taking a slightly more ... relaxed ... view of this particular thread.

And also to serve as warning for others who may get the same idea.

In fact our Posting Guidelines specifically mentions:

The use of deceptive advertising such as shilling (pretending to be a customer to provide false referral, while actually connected to the business), will result in both the advertiser account and that of the shill being banned. As well, we will expose any deceptive advertising we discover in the forum, so that whole world may have information of the deceptive practices by the business.

Just for a bit of amusement, us six expats had a company move from Bali View to lippo, our boss supplied a removal company, the removal lads seemed ok and we looked after them with water and a tip, all is except one, it came to pass that when he went to bed and switched on his bedside lamp, there was rather a large bang, all the lights went out, so he switches his wife's bedside lampon, no light the fuses have blown, so he sorts the fuse, switches main on/off on another Big Bang, he had switched his wife's lamp on not off, reason for the fuses to blow, the loaders had put a 20rp coin between the lamp bulb and contacts, moral, don't upset the loaders

A note from your friendly mod to posters: Our "don't pick on newbies" policy remains in effect and this thread should not be taken as evidence that the policy has changed. With our sooper-dooper mod powers, though, we have been able to confirm to our satisfaction that this is shilling.

Next time move it to the cage, and let us really go to town.

The shilling is just so clumsy and obvious. It's like they are fresh University students ... perhaps they are.

Anyway, I wish when they were banned we could still red brick them...

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Latest Activity

Online Now

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stats
Back