MOD: Caliphate or Islamic State is a possibility 20-30 years from now

Of course that's why they appointed Lombok.

But the Balinese are in for a surprise if they think nothing will change and only focus on their funerals...

Me too, but first I would have to decide which is worse, Trump or the Khilafah.

Even if Trump manages to shred the constitution and becomes president for life, he still has an expiration date.

Khilafah is a much more lasting ideology.

... Just like Kim Il-sung had an expiration date; both have children who are, were and likely will be, worse than the old man.

The Khilafah is not a perpetual motion machine; history suggests that Muslim governments are only as stable as their leaders and Muslims are their own worst enemies.

Hizbut Tahrir is now called Gema Pembebasan or GP. So the banned organization still exists under a different name. Together with Gerakan Tarbiyah and Salafi, the 3 radical organizations are gaining members in campuses at the expense of traditionally moderate Muslim organizations like NU and Muhammadiyah.

Source: Page 9 Kompas 26 June 2019 “Toleransi di Kampus Negeri Terancam”. Read it online at https://printsatumedia.wordpress.com/2019/06/26/toleransi-di-kampus-negeri-terancam/

Halal food is a big business in France since some years.....
Not that I am specially happy about it.
Halal food is perfectly ok for me, the same as kosher, vegetarian etc. However here are medical services-hospitals, medicines, hotels...I think it goes overboard.

Don't even mention toothpaste (Sasha) or refrigerators (Sharp) or Hijab shampoos and Fébrèze. Of course commerce jumps on everything which is popular.

The thing is also that many old practices or rules are considered and applied literally. An example from a FB conversation my wife showed me: "Bu, just like you we also love dogs. But we wonder how you deal with cleansing yourself after you touch them? Our skin gets very irritated and hurts after constantly scrubbing with sand to clean ourselves."
I am serious.

Talking about dogs ?:

You probably saw the news with the (mentally disturbed?) woman who was visiting the mosque and who took her dog. Big scandal. How dare someone do that, lynching or at least 5 years in jail, crazy or not. Later the dog was found dead, the official reason is a car accident.

Jondri Efendi was brave enough to post this picture on FB. It shows the situation in Mecca.

0skywfc8ddg19.net-resizeimage%20(4).jpg

I hope he survives. (Not the dog, Jondri.) Just like the situation with the ultra loud mosque speakers and kids screaming all day (try that in UAE or Saudi Arabia, the place would be silenced fast), it seems more and more the local interpretation is rather ahem....unique.

Don't even mention toothpaste (Sasha) or refrigerators (Sharp) or Hijab shampoos and Fébrèze. Of course commerce jumps on everything which is popular.

The thing is also that many old practices or rules are considered and applied literally. An example from a FB conversation my wife showed me: "Bu, just like you we also love dogs. But we wonder how you deal with cleansing yourself after you touch them? Our skin gets very irritated and hurts after constantly scrubbing with sand to clean ourselves."
I am serious.

Maybe your wife can suggest them to wear disposable gloves?

Halal food is perfectly ok for me, the same as kosher, vegetarian etc. However here are medical services-hospitals, medicines, hotels...I think it goes overboard.

Some medicines just cannot be halal, including many vaccines as it needs starter from pigs (and only pigs). And imagine hospitals without alcohol, who wants to be admitted there? Indonesia already has a sharia hotel, soon there will also be a sharia hospital?

Don't know about Aceh and Padang, but as far as I know on Java only one; in Tangerang.

Now I wouldnt mind if it were a private clinic completely paid for by individuals without any governmental (financial) input. But that isn't the case. And they also state all religions should be able to be treated there. Which of course is just a cover your @ss statement.

What I personally think is even worse, is that there are (female) doctors working here, who refuse patients from the other gender.

[Part of Hippocratic Oath: I shall never intentionally do or administer anything to the overall harm of my patients. I will not permit considerations of gender, race, religion, political affiliation, sexual orientation, nationality, or social standing to influence my duty of care.]

Last edited:
"Harapan saya 2024 khilafah tegak di Indonesia. Khilafah itu adalah syariat Islam. Kalau menolak khilafah itu artinya menolak syariat Islam, itu penodaan agama.

Caliphate is sharia, rejecting caliphate is rejecting sharia. If rejection of sharia is sacrilege, then speaking out against sharia is blasphemy?

Difficult to argue against sharia but caliphate and Indonesia cannot exist together, so supporting caliphate is actually an act of treason against the Republic of Indonesia. However, there is no law against it, otherwise those radicals would be in jail now.

Pancasila too mighty to being changed. Let alone Pancasila, they can't even changed Indonesian Red Cross.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Latest Activity

Online Now

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cloudcat
Back