Mobil Rakyat...new cars

Tesla cybertruck, Weird and ugly beast,
I'll consider if reasonably priced in Indonesia, parking in Jakarta could be an issue with its 2m wide and 6m lenght

20 cm wider than a Pajero, 15 cm wider than a Ford Ranger :eek:

I also wonder what it will take for them to adapt self-driving to Indonesian roads o_O

Schwarzenegger will be happy. Now Arnie can drive Greta around in a politically correct armored vehicle.

20 cm wider than a Pajero, 15 cm wider than a Ford Ranger :eek:

I also wonder what it will take for them to adapt self-driving to Indonesian roads o_O

And 35 cm longer than my suburban.

No self driving option for Indonesian market.
In fact, I'm not sure if they will market cybertruck in Indonesia.
Elon claims, he has secured 146000 orders.
Must be long queue to get it.

No self driving option for Indonesian market.
In fact, I'm not sure if they will market cybertruck in Indonesia.
Elon claims, he has secured 146000 orders.
Must be long queue to get it.
......Prestige Image Motorcars......are also importing Tesla. But I have never seen one on the road.

I did see the Tesla X from the online taxi service a couple of times now.

The new model Y will be the next car they introduce. As for the model 3, for that one there will be huge queuing also.

images

It seems Deddy Corbuzier acquired a model 3 via Prestige Image.

5d8f93b715b95.jpg

Honda is introducing a new City.

a4by637bkmil_800.jpg

The amount of small sedans sold is diminishing but this one is still rather popular in RI.

Hyundai will create a new production facility in Indonesia.

The plant will be located in Kota Deltamas, an industrial area. The planning is the second half of 2021.

Initially, Hyundai is aiming for a production capacity of 150,000 cars per year, but the company said that this number will eventually rise to 250,000 units.

Hyundai wants to invest more than € 1.4 billion in the facility in the coming years. The Koreans not only want to produce cars there, but also foresee a development center.

In addition to the current cars, Hyundai investigates whether it is lucrative to come up with an EV specially developed for the Asian market. If there is a business case for that electric car, then that car will also be built in Indonesia.

Now this reminds me a bit of neighbors I had once in Europe, who had a super expensive BMW in front of the house but the children always only ate white bread with jelly.

At the Regatta, an upscale apartment building in North Jakarta, the tax officers checked the license plates of the luxurious cars. As you can see they found many non matching number plates and fake registrations.

Buying extremely expensive cars but too stingy to pay the tax. Or illegal non registration-ble imports?

The Toyota attempt to promote hybrid cars has not been very succesvol in Indonesia.

Until October of this year, the Toyota C-HR Hybrid sold 302 units, while the Toyota All New Camry 2.5 Hybrid recorded a sales of around 148 units.

Talking about sales records, the Alphard Hybrid 2019 sales number is ...... 1.

fit_hdzjkp.jpg

The Toyota attempt to promote hybrid cars has not been very succesvol in Indonesia.

Perhaps something to do with thieves targeting catalytic converters of hybrid cars...

Quite interesting. The EU will subsidize efforts and the industry for the manufacturing of batteries (for NEV use).

So, they realize they need to take action to make sure the own car industry will not lag behind. Obviously China and Japan already have some kind of oligopoly, the Koreans can’t get enough batteries and Tesla creates its own.

Let’s see what Pertamina will do.

Lexus has introduced its own version of the Alphard. Indonesia will be one of the first markets where this car will be sold.

This LM obviously is much more luxurious (e.g. with double pane windows, special suspension) and its sales price will be approximately 2 billion.

5d36d0b07f0fa.jpeg

5d36cf7343de9.jpeg

Weird that GM announced Chevy's departure from Indonesia, and what did I see in the local mall?

colorizers-colorizer.jpg

images

The Colorado pickup truck. Perhaps they have some overstock... but it is produced in Thailand.

The X1 is facelifted last June and a good car of course. But it is rather small for its price which is steep; 830 Juta. That is almost 200 Juta more than in the west.

drmy7trbek1d_800.jpg

The new BMW 3-series .......These are the models and prices of the previous 3-series (F30):
TypeHarga
320i Luxury F30 2018Rp 838.000.000
330i M Sport F30 2018Rp 1.000.000.000
The all- New 3 Series G20Rp *

Now if I look at these models in Europe and compare their old and new prices, I see a difference between €3.000 and €5.000.
So that would mean the new 320i would probably almost hit the 900 juta mark in Indonesia. That is approx. €20K / $25K more than what you'd have to pay in the west.

It's even worse than I expected:

Modelcc/PSOff-the-RoadOn-The-Road**
320i Sport1998 / 184859.000.000976.000.000
330i M Sport1998 / 252989.000.0001.123.000.000

So the price of the new 3-series has on average increased approx. 130 Juta. The price increase is double from in the west.

A car which I never see on the road, is the Lexus UX.

bhzyk7fb9rk9_800.jpg

Perhaps not surprising if you look at the prices of this smallest model:

TIPE MOBILHARGA LEXUS UX TERBARU
Lexus UX 200IDR. 855.000.000
Lexus UX 200 F SPORTIDR. 895.000.000
Lexus UX 250hIDR. 915.000.000

Anyway, in certain markets Lexus introduced an electric version, the UX300E. It only has a range of 300 km so it is being seen as a compliance car (CO2).

But it's also a sign that Toyota finally does begin with electric cars, even if they always persisted on the hybrid towards hydrogen path.

4f8y21sb6nvl_800.jpg

Talking about compliance cars, that can be said of the newly introduced Mazda MX-30 as well. It is full electric (BEV) and looks a bit like the CX-30.

With only a 200 km range, this model is being laughed away by the specialized press.

Esp. since Mazda gives some very awkward arguments for the small battery capacity, claiming it makes more sense from a CO2 production perspective.

images

The prices are OTR (On The Road) so that means the sales price with all taxes and registration included. So STNK, BPKB and Plate number will be provided by the dealership.

The competitors of the Lexus UX would be the BMW X1, Mercedes GLA and Volvo XC40 if you consider the more premium brands from Europe. All would be cheaper than the Lexus.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Latest Activity

Online Now

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stats
Back