Minimum Wage under IMTA

Arno

Hi All,

Could you send me a link to the indonesian laws about IMTA and minimum wage for a foreigner. I could work for a company willing to proceed the IMTA for me but I want to be sure that I will receive at least the minimum wage following the indonesian laws.

Your helps will be much appreciated :)

I wish you all an happy new year s eve tonight.

snpark

Cager
I don't think there is one
What does it say on the contract?
If it's not enough then don't accept it
Or ask for more
Surely you know the salary on offer before they start processing your visa? That's an expensive process for them

Arno

I don't think there is one
What does it say on the contract?
If it's not enough then don't accept it
Or ask for more
Surely you know the salary on offer before they start processing your visa? That's an expensive process for them
i have severeal friends who told me there is a minimum salary to get the IMTA. And it seems to be regionalized (i m in Bali by the way).
I want to know how much exactly is this minimum in my area. Still looking all over internet : many people seems to confirm that minimum information but no hard datas on HOW MUCh is it ???

centurion

Cager
There is no stated minimum salary for TKA, and the salary is defined by the contract. Logically, the salary would be higher than for local workers, and usually starts from 7-8 million Rp / 800 USD.

If the salary is not stated or cannot be defined, the tax office can impose salary tax based on the TKA salary standards, which are quite high(enclosed0.

Attachments

• STANDAR-GAJI-KARYAWAN-ASING.pdf
    167.7 KB · Views: 11

R Cameron

Charter Member
Cager
There is no special minimum wage for foreigners, just follow the local minimum wage called UMK for a city or UMP/UMR outside a Kota. The 1200USD per year IMTA costs should be paid by the company and not deducted from wages.

Paying above the local minimum wage is not a requirement, but it is often expected and may draw suspicion upon the qualifications of the foreign worker and why a supposed expert would be living in Indonesia for just local wages.

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Online Now

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Noon_araya
Top Bottom