MERP renewal

SLH

I am a KITAP holder but my MERP [ multiple exit reentry permit ] will expire and I am overseas .Currently it's very difficult to get flights into Denpasar from Australia. Any information regarding allowences due to the covid-19 pandemic or will I lose my Kitap if I don't return before my MERP expires. thank you,

If you are abroad you can get a short-term MERP in an Indonesian embassy abroad, valid for entry to Indonesia. When you enter, you can apply for a regular MERP. Seek information in the Indonesian embassy in your country.

If you are abroad you can get a short-term MERP in an Indonesian embassy abroad, valid for entry to Indonesia. When you enter, you can apply for a regular MERP. Seek information in the Indonesian embassy in your country.
thank you for the information. Will contact the Embassy here .

Hi, I also have same problem here. My husband holds wife sponsored KITAP with MERP due to expire next month. He works in Malaysia where it is very hard or impossible to obtain exit + re-entry from Malaysia immigration. They might let my husband go, but can't re-enter Malaysia. Please help with these few questions...

1. Is it possible to get a short-term MERP from Indonesian Embassy Kuala Lumpur? I tried to call them, no answer as usual.
2. Did anyone recently renew MERP at kanim, how long did it take? Was it possible to do MERP renewal then return back to origin country without serving 14 days home quarantine in Indonesia?

Thanks for your help.

Hi, I also have same problem here. My husband holds wife sponsored KITAP with MERP due to expire next month. He works in Malaysia where it is very hard or impossible to obtain exit + re-entry from Malaysia immigration. They might let my husband go, but can't re-enter Malaysia. Please help with these few questions...

1. Is it possible to get a short-term MERP from Indonesian Embassy Kuala Lumpur? I tried to call them, no answer as usual.
2. Did anyone recently renew MERP at kanim, how long did it take? Was it possible to do MERP renewal then return back to origin country without serving 14 days home quarantine in Indonesia?

Thanks for your help.

1. Not usually. MERPs have to be processed in country. During the pandemic expired MERPs were deemed usable, but under the condition that they return to Indonesia within the grace period. This is now set to end August 12.

2. Normally MERPs are less than 3 working days, not sure what their turnaround time is now. You can avoid the 14 day quarantine if you have a negative swab PCR test result, either from home country or take one at the airport on arrival.

On a more practical matter, since your husband is working in Malaysia, why not just let the KITAS/MERP expire? A KITAS is not substantially harder to get than it is to renew. In light of the current travel situation, this would be my choice.

Edited to add: I see that your husband has KITAP, but even then this doesn't fundamentally change my answer.

Last edited:
Thank you Dafluff.
I was thinking to let it expire too :unsure: but he is now on second year of the first KITAP. Quite hassle to get him Kartu Keluarga & KTP orang asing, it took us 2 months to complete. Anyhow, we'll try our luck, hope m'sia immi can accept our appeal to get exit & re-entry. I will update if later we can do something with his MERP.

Thank you Dafluff.
I was thinking to let it expire too :unsure: but he is now on second year of the first KITAP. Quite hassle to get him Kartu Keluarga & KTP orang asing, it took us 2 months to complete. Anyhow, we'll try our luck, hope m'sia immi can accept our appeal to get exit & re-entry. I will update if later we can do something with his MERP.

Yes, I think it's basically a trade-off between the hassle of travelling right now with all the trouble that entails, or getting new KITAS -> KITAP etc...

Best of luck to you and your husband...

I have several questions, may someone here can help, or please share information/clarification obtained from Imigrasi officers in Indonesia.

1) Does the new circular also include expired IMK/MERP of KITAP sponsored by WNI wife? My husband cannot come to Jakarta soon or before 60 days grace period ends due difficulty to get exit and re-enter approval from Malaysia Immigration, the country where he works.

2) What does technical problem mean in this circular...?

3) Also read number 3, does it mean the Guarantor/ Sponsor can apply ITAS/ITAP extension for the mentioned holders without being present in Indonesia, and no need for those holders to re-enter soon/being tolerated? In this case how to get permit attached to their passports...by sending passport from oversea to Indonesia, or sending permit to Indonesia Embassy in the country residence of the holder?

4) Is the Wife sponsor allowed to apply for ITK/MERP extension at Kantor Imigrasi without the WNA husband being present in Indonesia?

5) Anyone has experience sending passport from oversea to Indonesia? Which courier is trustable?

I am trying to contact Ditjen Imigrasi through instagram too.
Thank you very much for your help.
[/QUOTE]

Dear all,
@centurion @dafluff Today I got answer from Ditjen Imigrasi through LAPOR.GO.ID apparantely question 1 and 4 are answered as YES. So, anyone who sponsors spouse can go to Kanim and Renew MERP on behalf his/her spouse abroad. Grace period until 31 December 2020.
Link https://www.lapor.go.id/laporan/detil/merp-dari-kitap-akan-habis-berlaku-di-luar-negeri-2

Please any successful buddies kindly update here for me. Thank you for your help!

I have several questions, may someone here can help, or please share information/clarification obtained from Imigrasi officers in Indonesia.

1) Does the new circular also include expired IMK/MERP of KITAP sponsored by WNI wife? My husband cannot come to Jakarta soon or before 60 days grace period ends due difficulty to get exit and re-enter approval from Malaysia Immigration, the country where he works.

2) What does technical problem mean in this circular...?

3) Also read number 3, does it mean the Guarantor/ Sponsor can apply ITAS/ITAP extension for the mentioned holders without being present in Indonesia, and no need for those holders to re-enter soon/being tolerated? In this case how to get permit attached to their passports...by sending passport from oversea to Indonesia, or sending permit to Indonesia Embassy in the country residence of the holder?

4) Is the Wife sponsor allowed to apply for ITK/MERP extension at Kantor Imigrasi without the WNA husband being present in Indonesia?

5) Anyone has experience sending passport from oversea to Indonesia? Which courier is trustable?

I am trying to contact Ditjen Imigrasi through instagram too.
Thank you very much for your help.

Dear all,
@centurion @dafluff Today I got answer from Ditjen Imigrasi through LAPOR.GO.ID apparantely question 1 and 4 are answered as YES. So, anyone who sponsors spouse can go to Kanim and Renew MERP on behalf his/her spouse abroad. Grace period until 31 December 2020.
Link https://www.lapor.go.id/laporan/detil/merp-dari-kitap-akan-habis-berlaku-di-luar-negeri-2

Please any successful buddies kindly update here for me. Thank you for your help!
[/QUOTE]

@hayb05 , I can't seem to see the information regarding MERP on the link provided. I have been told by an Immigration staff in Denpasar and by both the Indonesian Embassy in Sydney and Canberra that I have 60 days to return to Indonesia from the 13th July to extend my MERP. If there is any other solid information that the sponsor of my kitap can extend this without me having to return so soon I would be very appreciative.

@SLH the rule is just been updated on 23 July, please show this attachment to verify with Immigration staff in Denpasar and by both the Indonesian Embassy in Sydney and Canberra.

Attachments

• PENJELASAN ORANG ASING PEMEGANG ITAS DAN ITAP DANATAU IMK YANG MASA BERLAKUNYA TELAH BERAKHIR ...pdf
    148.7 KB · Views: 364
Reactions: SLH

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Latest Activity

Online Now

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Les 819
Back