Meikarta

lifelongexpat

Cager
Just curious if anyone has come across Meikarta, a new development by Lippo Group. It's located in Cikarang. Supposedly a much bigger version of Karawaci.

Would be interesting to see if anyone has come across it or actually considered it.

Followed a chick for their interview at cikarang. 8am to 11pm. almost 300 ppl interviewed that day.

Seems interesting, but the speed they claim they wanna build it is a bit suspect.
If you are orang asing, the usual restrictions apply if you buy it, so I didn't bother.

That was my conclusion. It seems overly ambitious. A friend is working in sales for one of the agencies promoting it and some of the claims seemed highly suspect e.g. Lippo Group are developing the high speed rail link from there to Jakarta, building an international airport to serve the project and also a deep water port. These things may be happening but I doubt Lippo Group are the ones behind it.

Meikarta is a massive development area. I went there and talked to sales, I have seen the apartments showroom. There were way more than 300 people. Thousands maybe more came on ID independence day. It gave me a perfect insight how the whole area will look like with traffic. Me and my wife we were considering to buy something but ..... decided not to. There is going to be MRT train to Jakarta, the sales gave us all the maps, brochures ect. where the schools are going to be, shops ect... but like with everything plans are different to reality. Some towers are going to be sold/build in first stage, some you cannot buy now or even book them. Their plans is something like this: Let's get this unpopular area occupied first - build tower and sell it eg. far from Park, pond ect... then once people will move in they will build tower near the park. As this is more desirable area. Nothing more desirable like looking from your balcony to muddy pool being used as mosquitoe's farm.

My concern were:

- that if my tower is not ready and there are no more people willing to buy tower which I booked they will give me / propose another flat in different tower, size of apartment, area!

- I wanted to have a flat which will have sunshine inside afternoon not a 24/day always in shadow "cave"

- I wanted to have a fully finished development not something like having next tower build to your flat once yours is done, this goes on pair with when you are buying flat with "view" from the top floor, you pay for the view just to have it taken away from your in few years as new-development, hotel is build

- depending on which tower you choose, you have like 8/12 units per floor x 27 (or was is 30 floors) that is a lot of flats with each having at least 1 motor/car, this is a high density development area which will turn out to be having problems with traffic jam not mentioning waiting ages for the lift to come.

Remove from the plans happy bule couple walking holding their hands on sidewalks as those will be parking places for motorcycles, cars, lima kaki sellers, angkot and various cheap plastic banners inviting you to doubtful quality of food dining areas, or warehouses selling gas and water with their merchandise being outside their store (remember this is luxury development). I highly doubt there is going to be a hermes store (as it is nicely printed on their brochure) if the flat cost 200 jt and its neighbour is selling gas/water. There are not going to be 20-30 cars on the road, there will be huge traffic, people parking on the road using emergency lights on as parking places will cost some money. Big trucks going via cibatu to their logistic warehouse YOE and other factories between Jababeka and Lippo other trucks heading to deltamas huge factories. What I can guarantee you is that you will have a nice suffocating place to live with view on the traffic jam. There will be busses or more cars of people coming for a meeting / party /wedding which will be held on the 1st, 2nd floor of your apartment and yes it is going to be very loud till midnight.

If this is luxury in your terms then you can go ahead and invest. For me this is another complex of blok.

PS. Next to this meikarta Lippo is building orange county. I am not sure how many towers 8-9. So far not even one is finished (though they managed to get (20-22 floors I think 1-2 tower(s)). The progress is way .....way slower compared to some apartments I know in Bandung. The prices when I asked were about 12-15 jt. per m2 (2.5 years ago) as this is "prime area". This "prime area" is going to be surrounded by way cheaper meikarta!

PS2. It came as a huge surprise to me to find out there are not going to be any mosque there? Sounds very unlikely.... and more probably there will be something build later on. But 50 school are ... impressive!

I've only been in one lippo apartment but I have spent a lot of time in a lippo mall and the construction quality seemed lousy. Also the car park design was idiotic at best.
Anyone here stay in a Lippo place? Not sure I'd want to invest in one of their developments.

Last edited:
Serpong (BSD City etc.) seems pretty good for Jakarta area. A relative suggested buying property there before the tax amnesty was implemented as prices would be rising quite a bit but it seems since the amnesty prices have gone down (prices have risen there a lot over the last 10 years). The area is like a smaller city. I imagine in the next 10 years it will be more traffic jammed. I don't know about the Lippo development in Bekasi area.

According to the JP this morning, Meikarta has secured 32,000 buyers that have secured finance. In total 130,000 booking fees have been taken.

The 32,000 buyers have been granted mortgages by banks. Some 130,000 people paid booking fees, Lippo Group CEO James Riady said in Jakarta on Monday.

I wonder how many of these 32,000 purchasers are real estate speculators looking to cash in on the pre-construction prices or looking at buy-to-let?

http://www.thejakartapost.com/news/2017/09/12/lippos-meikarta-secures-32000-fixed-buyers.html

Just curious if anyone has come across Meikarta, a new development by Lippo Group. It's located in Cikarang. Supposedly a much bigger version of Karawaci.

Would be interesting to see if anyone has come across it or actually considered it.
I think we just drove by it coming in from Bandung, before Bekasi/Cikarang. Hundreds of huge balloons over bulldozed land, and a lot of construction.

In general, knowing some of the business dealings of the Lippo group, I'm not a fan.

IMO, meikarta is an overly ambitious project for lippo. they want the real city size of Lippo kemang.
but so far I also have to say their infrastructure is much better than other places.
I live in lippo cikarang and I am quite happy to have a house there, compare to, had I bought a house in jababeka or cikarang baru. lippo very seldom have the flooding issue ( one time in 20 years is good enough eh compare to cikarang baru who got flooded at least once a year ) , security wise , might not be the best, but I experienced when someone broke into my house and I did a complain, they changed the security vendor 2 days after it.

I talked to a friend who work for first media, and she told me meikarta is going to be super huge, and supported by big brands. but I wont expect it to be something extravaganza, but it should be better than their older version of apartments.
I know some people could be pessimistic about meikarta, but I'd say it might turn into something big in the future.

but I have no intention to buy any unit of it. :)

Posted by Patrick L. Stiady at Quora https://www.quora.com/As-one-of-the...donesia-how-would-it-feel-to-live-in-Meikarta

Usually, the developer gives a picture of how the project will look like. In case of Meikarta, the picture is this:

main-qimg-efbdb8cce32be2289d0d982800f3c556-c

While the current picture is this (from Google Street View):

main-qimg-8c3cc6cab376ba0468afe19a50a1de60

Thus, I assume they are going to build many high rise buildings where the population density in the area is still low.

The million dollar question is: what are the incentives for people to populate this area to reach a density that is sufficient to populate those high rise buildings?

Yes, there are going to be train stations, airport, seaport and other infrastructure projects in the area, but I don’t think they are enough incentives to populate high rise buildings. Sure, they can populate the area, but still the area has to develop into a light density area and then into a medium density area, before it will develop into a heavy density area that requires many high rise buildings.

The area that I have seen developing in the fastest pace is a special designated area like Batam and Shenzhen where the government designated the area as a special economic zone. Is there any government incentive for Meikarta to develop?

How is Meikarta being sold? Customers are expected to pay first and to receive the apartment unit later. What if the demand is only sufficient for one or two towers and not enough for tens or hundreds towers? What if it takes more than a lifetime to see the promised picture of the developer to become a reality?

Re: Post # 10
My brother-in-law's house is in Serpong. I was living there Xmas 2004 when the Aceh Tsunami occurred. Land around him was a rubber plantation long since left idle. I was impressed watching kids flying kites and model aircraft enthusiasts flying remote aircraft.... in vacant fields!

Have you been to BSD recently?
Ikea, malls, churches, mosques, thousands of homes, apartment blocks, highways, hospitals, schools, fitness clubs, go-kart circuits and more...now one can hardly spit without hitting something... never mind fly a kite or a model aircraft.

Last edited:
How is Meikarta being sold?

By droves of high pressure sales people that IMO are almost on par with timeshare salesmen.

A friend of my wife was promoting it and many outrageous claims were made 'Meikarta will be just like New York City' etc etc.

We paid the booking fee of 2 juta to get rid of him and then cancelled a few days later to get it refunded.

By droves of high pressure sales people that IMO are almost on par with timeshare salesmen.

A friend of my wife was promoting it and many outrageous claims were made 'Meikarta will be just like New York City' etc etc.

We paid the booking fee of 2 juta to get rid of him and then cancelled a few days later to get it refunded.
Paid 2jt, to get rid of your wife's friend? Sounds a bit ridiculous...

Yes for another 3jt you could have got rid of the friend forever if you know the right (or wrong) people lol
It was refundable, so no big deal.
Yea, I imagine you can't refund request to take someone out. You and the missus would be half way eating dinner, and you look up from your plate and go.... shit I forgot to cancel the hit. Oh well, it was non-refundable anyway.

In my opinion, if you want to buy an apartment, better the building was finished. Yesterday I bought in Enviro apartment that has been ready stock. so, just choose. Instead of waiting a long time but the project is not finished, so many like that.

This one is yours? There is your contact name.... but the date is 14th Nov. Do you have anything bigger than 26 sq m in your portfolio? Please send me PM and also the price for disewakan.
https://rumahdijual.com/bekasi/3435324-dijual-apartemen-enviro-di-kawasan-bisnis-jababeka.html
https://rumahdijual.com/bekasi/3435324-dijual-apartemen-enviro-di-kawasan-bisnis-jababeka.html

To be honest the whole concept looks horrifying, having seen what's become of BSD, Alam Sutra, and Lippo Karawaci over the years I think ill give it a miss.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Latest Activity

Online Now

No members online now.

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsabouttimebc