Meikarta

The TV advert looks awful, sitting on a balcony looking at rows of skyscrapers doesn’t look very pleasant, and that’s the sunny side, goodness knows what it would be like on the sunless side

There is one advert in cinema just before movie starts where young girl is sitting in a car and waiting in a traffic..... this shows what Meikarta will become later on.

Just a small update: I was informed that the "central park" in Meikarta during rainy season can be flooded up to 10 cm. This is not the only place that flooding occurs in Lippo Cikarang .... so much for rumors there are no flooding in Lippo Cikarang. You can simply search for "banjir Lippo Cikarang" on youtube.

And 2019 is here. We bought an apartment in one of towers in Orange County. The first 4 towers are in the process of being handed over to their respective owners.

Thanks @Noorman .

I drove by yesterday and saw the remainder of the towers are only 5-7 floors high.

But what struck me more, is that in those 4 towers, the lower (shopping? parking?) levels are not even finished yet?! Completely open with a see through and you can only see the concrete pillars.

A hand-over seems very premature. Obviously the developer is keen on getting that out of the way to avoid fines and start the maintenance fees, we had the same at Taman Anggrek. I would push back though.

The Lippo saga continues. The corruption goes very deep.

It seems they are (finally!) continuing the project Holland Village (tricrossing JakPus/JakTim/JakUt), at Cempaka Putih. That was blocked for years and years.

"Meikarta" is another good reminder, if you invest in Indonesia you will need to do a meticulous due diligence.

The original fine for late delivery in the Meikarta project was 1%, and later unilaterally changed to 0.5%. But not only that; as I understand it, the Indonesian authorities later allow amendment of the contract removing fine for late delivery altogether toward the completion deadline . The amendment removed the "fine clause" for late delivery. This was argued and then done in an effort to help the project's developers overcome the financial challenges they were facing. It is only people who are very naive, can not sense that there must be something happen on the background in this process.

This is another good example how Indonesian conglomerates are generating their wealth. It is about collusion, corruption, bribery, facility, benefiting from internal confidential information, etc. Not many of them (if any) could compete and survive globally in a large scale outside the Indonesian jurisdiction especially in the developed countries with a strong watchdogs, regulators and civil societies.

The case like this will certainly not help the Indonesian government newly launched immigration scheme "Second Home" visa via investing a minimum of 2 billion idr.

Advance Fee scam is one of the oldest scam on earth but it keeps repeating in Indonesia in a large scale.

Last edited:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Latest Activity

Online Now

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Les 819
Back