Meikarta

Discussion in 'Where to Locate?' started by lifelongexpat, Jul 17, 2017.

1. Anglian

Anglian Well-Known Member Charter Member Cager

Ratings:
    +347
    The TV advert looks awful, sitting on a balcony looking at rows of skyscrapers doesn’t look very pleasant, and that’s the sunny side, goodness knows what it would be like on the sunless side

2. Smallworld

Smallworld Active Member Charter Member Cager

Ratings:
    +84
    There is one advert in cinema just before movie starts where young girl is sitting in a car and waiting in a traffic..... this shows what Meikarta will become later on.

Just a small update: I was informed that the "central park" in Meikarta during rainy season can be flooded up to 10 cm. This is not the only place that flooding occurs in Lippo Cikarang .... so much for rumors there are no flooding in Lippo Cikarang. You can simply search for "banjir Lippo Cikarang" on youtube.

3. Noorman

Noorman New Member

Ratings:
    +1
    And 2019 is here. We bought an apartment in one of towers in Orange County. The first 4 towers are in the process of being handed over to their respective owners.

4. jstar

jstar Mr. 10,000

Ratings:
    +374
    Thanks @Noorman .

I drove by yesterday and saw the remainder of the towers are only 5-7 floors high.

But what struck me more, is that in those 4 towers, the lower (shopping? parking?) levels are not even finished yet?! Completely open with a see through and you can only see the concrete pillars.

A hand-over seems very premature. Obviously the developer is keen on getting that out of the way to avoid fines and start the maintenance fees, we had the same at Taman Anggrek. I would push back though.