• We have just upgraded to Xenforo 2.1. We still have a few things to iron out while the forum is live. If you see any bug, please let us know. Any question? Feel free to ask.
  • We have done a little bit of house cleaning with the forums and certain threads.

Read more about it here.
  • We had an error with our database this morning.

It has now been fixed but let us know if you are still facing any trouble.

Math, Science & English Teacher

mariejoseph

Marie Joseph School is looking for dedicated Math, Science and English Teachers for Kindergarten, Primary and Secondary Level.

Positions open:

• Secondary Math Teacher
  • Secondary English Teacher
  • Primary Science Teacher
  • Kindergarten Teacher for Psycho-motor Learning
  • Kindergarten English Teacher
  • Native English Speaking Teacher
Qualifications and requirements:

The successful candidate will exhibit dynamic interpersonal skills to motivate and engage students.
  • Have a passion for teaching with the ability to plan and deliver inspiring lessons
  • Minimum two-year teaching experience in Math/ Science/ English, and using English as a medium of instruction
  • Cambridge International curriculum teaching experience is an advantage
  • Bachelor Degree holder in related field with GPA of 3.00 or above
  • Excellent command of English (Fluent in English)
  • Proven self-initiative, possess a strong classroom management skill and keen to positively contribute to the professional learning culture.
Submit the application, CV, photograph and supporting documents by 30th June 2019 to:
[email protected]

School Location: Kelapa Gading, Jakarta

dafluff

Cager
Hi @mariejoseph

Welcome to the forum.

I have approved this post temporarily, but I request that you please specify the following:

1. Is this position for WNI or WNA or both?
2. If for WNA, please specify that all permits will be arranged you, as required by our rules for job postings.

Thank you.

jstar

Mr. 10,000
I'm also wondering if there is a requirement for a certain religious denomination?

waarmstrong

Charter Member
Cager
I'm also wondering if there is a requirement for a certain religious denomination?
Judging from the email name I am guessing, a Christian school; but I doubt the requirements include a faith affiliation.

waarmstrong

Charter Member
Cager
Kelapa Gading, my old stomping grounds. Every time I see an ad for teachers, I get the urge to send in an application. Being an educator on the international circuit is a fun and rewarding career choice, even where the salary is too small to be posted as an inducement to apply.

jstar

Mr. 10,000
Judging from the email name I am guessing, a Christian school; but I doubt the requirements include a faith affiliation.
Definitely Catholic.

Of course it's very iffy to require a certain religion esp. in western eyes, but don't think for a second an Islamic school here would hire a female teacher without hijab. That's the society we live in here, even if it's a thin line between realistic respect and bigotry.

So I do think -considering the whole situation- there is nothing wrong with putting these requirements in writing. Better than wasting everybody's time. (I'm making this remark since I know a Muslim girl here who is a Bachelor in English and who might be interested in another teaching position.)

Mitian_Indau

Of course it's very iffy to require a certain religion esp. in western eyes, but don't think for a second an Islamic school here would hire a female teacher without hijab.
Back in Australia, religious schools have an exemption to anti-discrimination legislation so that they can hire teachers along faith lines.

For example, I know that many Catholic schools seek a recommendation from the local clergy (where a candidate lives) for prospective teachers. I don't imagine that it would prevent them from hiring an excellent candidate, but if it came down to the deciding factor between two equally-positioned candidates, I think it's clear which would be preferred.

The point you've made about Islamic schools is equally valid in Australia - i.e. it won't happen there either. This was an interesting case from Adelaide from a few years ago. It shows that non-Muslim staff were employed at an Islamic school, but were still required to dress 'modestly' by covering their hair with a scarf. Controversy ensued when the requirement was changed from scarf to hijab and the staff member was threatened with dismissal if she didn't comply. Though I'm not sure how it all turned out in the end.

When I was looking for the link to the article, I found a similar case from the UK. Both from 2013, so maybe there was a broader issue at play that year?

William King

Charter Member
Cager
I know this school. They do all the correct things Re: visas etc. Be fair.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Activity

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Online Now

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sidavies59
Top Bottom