March 2020: Update on ITAS Conversion to ITAP

jaxpang81

Hi, I just want to update some information regarding ITAS conversion to ITAP. As I'm entering 3rd year of Marriage stated on the Surat Laporan Perkawinan issued by Dukcapil, I'm eligible to apply for ITAP. I'm aware that you're only required 2 years of marriage to apply ITAP, but unfortunately for me, the date on my Surat Laporan Perkawinan is a few days later than the ITAS expiry date. Therefore I had to apply ITAS last year and I was only few days away from the 2nd year of marriage. Imagine the feeling. So... I just had my first visit today at Kantor Imigrasi Kelas I Khusus Jakarta Barat near Kota Tua. Basically the guide from this link: https://www.expatindo.org/spousal-kitas-kitap/ almost cover all your preparation (for first visit and 2nd visit), but there are few things have changed.
First, 3 copies of docs are no longer required, so only 1 copy for each doc. Second, Surat Laporan Perkawinan needs to be legalized (in indonesia legalisir). If it isn't for the 2nd point, I would've done the 2nd visit already which is submitting all the doc's copies and the original passport. So I quickly headed to Dukcapil (Jln. S Parman) to get my Surat Laporan Perkawinan legalized in hope I could make it back here, but only to find that the Dukcapil's closed from 17/3 - 31/3. I guess some of the government's activities are affected by the Covid-19 issue. So there's nothing I can do now but to wait until 1st of April. I will keep this thread posted.

jstar

Mr. 10,000
Thanks for the post and future updates, that will be very useful.

What people shouldn't forget, is that the requirements can be different between Immigration offices (amount of copies necessary, legalization yes or no, certain Surat yes or no, ...). We've also seen than in KITAP extensions etc. So always check at your local office.

Any indication that the Kantor Imigrasi Jakarta Barat might close down?

jaxpang81

I do really hope they have a one integrated system for all, but seems like a long way to go. I didnt ask if they are going to close down over Covid-19 issue, since I wont be popping up there anytime after I got my Surat Laporan Perkawinan legalized first at least after 31/03. But you can always contact their whatsapp hotline +62 811-9273-003 for inquiries. They will respond but expect slower on specific matters.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Activity

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Online Now

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ellmer
Top Bottom