Loveable Indonesia Pos

fastpitch17

Charter Member
Cager
Went to the Bandar Lampung Pos today to mail out and envelope to the US. Three smiling ladies awaited my entrance and gathered in front of me to offer their assistance. I asked the price for postage. Two of them went to work on their computers and asked each other questions as they worked. One would show the other something and vice versa. One young lady looked up at me and said. lima ratus lima pulu rebu rupiah. I had to think for a second. 550,000 rupiah to mail one envelope of standard size.

I told her that has to be wrong since not that long ago I send a just under package to the same area for 270,000 rupiah. Nope, she said it was the price. I said, OK, see ya. Not interested. She then added that if I sent it to Australia it would be less. I hurried out of there as fast as I could. I figure I could do better with even JNE or Fed Ex.

Will be in Jakarta shortly so will try again at a Pos that perhaps has trained personnel. Maybe.

El_Goretto

Cager
I have the complete opposite experience with Pos Indonesia. They've always been nothing but helpful and even going out of their way to help me. Quite cheap to send packages overseas too.

nosox

Charter Member
Cager
Pos Indonesia usually helpful for me too. Recently sent a package to my daughter in Alaska and while it wasn't cheap I was confused by their pricing....... sending it the'quick" way 7-10 days was one price and the "slow" way, 2 weeks- 1 month was 25% more.......... HUH????

fastpitch17

Charter Member
Cager
Looked it up on line. Rp16,000.
Never a problem with a package. A lot cheaper than what they wanted for this envelope. I told her she was wrong but she was having none of that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Activity

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Online Now

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
haneiter
Top Bottom