Looking for work- not a "job"

Bad_azz

Charter Member
Cager
I am interested in interesting work- preferably from home or in beautiful Bandung OR in Jakarta if the money is ludicrous sums.
I am not under 30, nor cantik and to be honest, not that interested in working for/with people who think these things are essentials. Read no further if that is you. :)

My sense of humour is still alive and kicking as is my patience, my bum-cheeks are less alive as they have spent way too many hours on a moped in traffic jams, I have a fairly quick brain, reasonable Bhs Indonesian skills, reasonable internetty typingy thingy skills.
I have a BA & have a file full of certificates and qualifications & am intelligent, versatile & flexible and confident in public speaking. I cook, bake, brew, garden & love to keep my mind busy. My work experience ranges from social care to writing/tutoring/teaching/orienting new people/pet care/running my own businesses and so on (too much to list - PM me).

Originally from the UK, I have been in Indonesia long enough to understand that I can't yet & never will understand the place but it is fun trying.
I have an ITAP visa which permits me to work here with little bureaucracy involved. Over my time here I have gathered a wide & diverse network of contacts in and around Indonesia.
The negative nelly parts: I like people I work with to be reasonably professional- I am not a fan of jam karet & last minute cancellations (unless for good reason) however, I am working on that side of my patience levels.

So if you have need of someone with my attributes, wit & charm; PM me for more info.
Cheers.
B_a

Last edited:
Do like they do in London and stick some cards in the phone boxes :pound: Dominatrix seeks slaves for discreet afternoon encounters

Do like they do in London and stick some cards in the phone boxes :pound: Dominatrix seeks slaves for discreet afternoon encounters

Hahaha, I could do that!- Where are the phone boxes?
I don't want to be involved in the sex industry really... I don't want work that involves lots of laundry, I need a new washing machine.
Could consider peddling the hubby out though... hmmm.

Could I hire you to find me a job? I've got a TEFL cert and a CELTA and 4 years experience as an English teacher.

Could I hire you to find me a job? I've got a TEFL cert and a CELTA and 4 years experience as an English teacher.

If you mean a teaching job in Indonesia that comes with all the perks and bells & whistles and a visa I could help, IF you met all the qualification criteria (which it seems from your post you don't).
You can hire me to look though- payment regardless of outcome ;)

Hi Bad_azz - what would be the best work that you would want to throw yourself into? I'm not c*&k blocking the multi-year banter with Scooterindo here. Just wanting to hear professionally what you would want from your next (ad)venture.

Hi Bad_azz - what would be the best work that you would want to throw yourself into? I'm not c*&k blocking the multi-year banter with Scooterindo here. Just wanting to hear professionally what you would want from your next (ad)venture.
I have an open mind, I would hate to state anything in particular really as I don't want to limit things to labels.
I really enjoy learning new things & Indonesia has thrown lots of curve balls my way- I have had opportunities to do so many things that I would never have imagined doing.
Radio jingles, helping out in a prison, editing, writing, mountain boot-camps with kids etc.
It is easier to say what I doubt I would enjoy- that is easy a 9-5 office job would kill me.

Sounds like you should enter social services programs or something.... like teaching kids in villages.
im sure theres many...

I have decided to get back to my roots (pun intended) - I qualified as a hairdresser & have worked at it for years.

Being a hairdresser is like being a plumber or a doctor- a trade you never leave behind as there is always someone wanting a cut/colour etc.

So you Western ladies (& gents) if you want a private hairdresser to come to your home and sort out your cuts and colours PM me.
Get your friends round and have a hairdressing party- 4 or more & the host gets a free cut/styling.

Usual common sense rules apply though; do not expect me to turn up and colour your hair on day one- allergy tests etc.

Could you come to Bali and polish my head ??
Anytime Scoot- as long as this is regular forum conversation and not Cage stuff - and there is a fee.

** & for propriety's sake: other readers, Scoot is as bald as a coot cos he wore all his hair off on headboards during his mis-spent youth.

& he is not propositioning me in any sexual way cos his missus would chop body parts off if he did :D

Hahaha, just been reading back through this & it is funny what has gone on in the past year.
We have been kept busy with dog walking & animal care, some hairdressing & I had a fun job with travel as part of it for a non-Indonesian company (the 6 month contract has come to an end now).
I have done some voice over work & been approached about being in a film.
I am multi-talented, sharp witted (at times) with a terrible sense of humour ;)
As my schedule isn't packed just now I'm open to considering most offers; especially TV/Film/Broadcasting.

New job in Bali, might suit a creative and talented person here.

Bali, Indonesia

Position Description

Our fast-growing, fun and young marketing team is looking for a talented communications coordinator. Working closely with our CEO and marketing team your main responsibilities will be managing our social media channel output (LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook) as well as copywriting and content generation .

https://au.indeed.com/m/viewjob?jk=...vUrl=https://au.indeed.com/m/jobs?q=Indonesia

New job in Bali, might suit a creative and talented person here.

Bali, Indonesia

Position Description

Our fast-growing, fun and young marketing team is looking for a talented communications coordinator. Working closely with our CEO and marketing team your main responsibilities will be managing our social media channel output (LinkedIn, Twitter, Facebook) as well as copywriting and content generation .

https://au.indeed.com/m/viewjob?jk=4d68f04d738f5673&from=serp&prevUrl=https://au.indeed.com/m/jobs?q=Indonesia

Bad _azz might be fun but she isn’t young, mind if she is one of those big strong Yorkshire lassies she can come and sort my garden out, mind I did have some Yorkshire tea to tempt her, but I drank it

Last edited:
Hi Mark2017 I took a look at the link- sounds like fun. However I am pretty clueless about Adobe & never heard of Indesign. :)
Although I do try to learn all these kinds of things when I need to.

Anglian- OY! I am a mere baby compared to some of the old buzzards in this place.

IndoTom- huh, how does one monetize social work on YouTube? Make videos of best parenting practices and such? (serious question)

Hi Mark2017 I took a look at the link- sounds like fun. However I am pretty clueless about Adobe & never heard of Indesign. :)
Although I do try to learn all these kinds of things when I need to.

Anglian- OY! I am a mere baby compared to some of the old buzzards in this place.

IndoTom- huh, how does one monetize social work on YouTube? Make videos of best parenting practices and such? (serious question)
Just search for some videos on YouTube and see all the crazy things people upload about their daily life and trips. Best to search with key words like Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand, expat, parenting, etc. Just start come up with a theme, and start uploading videos!

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Latest Activity

Online Now

No members online now.

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Les 819