Looking for reliable Van rental

Saigon

Hi all!

I have similar inquiry on the car classified section, was thinking there are more frequent visitors on thi section instead.

I need a VAn From Home to Airport and back(k.jeruk area). For 4-5 person. PLease reply ASAP, the pick up date is tomorrow (Jan 8) from 11am to 3am* Jan 9

*depends on flight sched worst scenario flight arrives @3 so we should be at home past 4am.

We will likely to have similar vehicle requirement in the next 2 weeks so I guess this post will be needed for a long term in many occasions our readers would find the need.

El_Goretto

Cager
Why not ordering 2 uber/grabcar/gocar? You can order ahead of time.

El_Goretto

Cager
Although, if they have to stand by for 4 hours, it will certainly be more expensive.

Is it not possible to catch a taxi from the airport at all? I've never landed that late but I figure there would be taxis on stand by? 2 taxis should do the trick for 4 to 5 ppl?

ChrisTex

Charter Member
Cager
Uber and Grab both operate late at night. Plus there are taxis who have reps attack you as soon as you exit.

Saigon

Why not ordering 2 uber/grabcar/gocar? You can order ahead of time.

Problem is the reliablity of flight sched.
Also, Uber/Grab is quite on a hard call at the airport at past 10pm... its stressful to have them and in the last minute they cancel ..
I think one reason is parking...they can only drop but to wait for their client is a cat & mouse ordeal against competitors (taxi and some aa.port vultures)

Saigon

Although, if they have to stand by for 4 hours, it will certainly be more expensive.

Is it not possible to catch a taxi from the airport at all? I've never landed that late but I figure there would be taxis on stand by? 2 taxis should do the trick for 4 to 5 ppl?
I have the same suggestion to my wife ( she is the one coming together with my son). as per her computation, its the same expenses with hassle and risk having the other taxi for our guest who doesn't know anything here in Jakarta.

Saigon

Uber and Grab both operate late at night. Plus there are taxis who have reps attack you as soon as you exit.
I had my experience last September... took me 3 Uber to finally nail one. I would have ended to Taxi if the last one did not show up (seeing him google circling around was like watching an 8 bit video games). Hahaha. Seriously, this time is different we have 2 house guest.

pinky321

Charter Member
Cager
Just had an experience last night at the airport, i have ordered 3 ubers and they cancelled, lucked out i got gocar, but the driver called me before and asked me to sit in the front next to the driver once he arrived, because airport not allowed online transportation to pick up passengers, they only allow to drop offs. They will get ban especially in terminal 3.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Online Now

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
massagejogjadotcom
Top Bottom