Looking For a Few Things

jstar

Mr. 10,000
So I'm using the dill from the plants I bought, all fine so far. But on closer inspection I found out the dill has been grafted! The new shoots from the brown stem are something completely different (and undefinable). Luckily the dill will continue to form new branches if you cut off the top. For herbs it does not make a lot of sense to graft though.

fastpitch17

Charter Member
Cager
So I'm using the dill from the plants I bought, all fine so far. But on closer inspection I found out the dill has been grafted! The new shoots from the brown stem are something completely different (and undefinable). Luckily the dill will continue to form new branches if you cut off the top. For herbs it does not make a lot of sense to graft though.
Dill grafted onto something else? That a bit odd. Report what root stock they grafted to when you identify it.

jstar

Mr. 10,000
^
This is coming out of the 'Dill' after I cut it off. Looks a bit like the plant on top of carrots or celery/parsley.

fastpitch17

Charter Member
Cager
That's a weird one. Yes, looks like a celery coming out of the dill. Do you think someone grafted the dill to a celery root? You need to taste a leaf and stem and see if you get any dill flavor in it. Maybe a new creation.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Activity

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Online Now

No members online now.

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MamaMade