Living Ubud Bali

Digitarius

I am seriously considering relocating to Ubud, Bali. After a nice vacation in Seminyak/Badung area my wife and I were discussing what would be a good quiet area of Bali to live in, away from many tourist. I have heard good things about Ubud. Anyone have an information or know where I can get more info on Ubud or other quiet locations in Bali. Thanks!

Ruserious

Each to their own but i find the Ubud hippy/naked yoga crowd to be the most annoying of the bali sub-cultures. Canggu hipsters are a close second.

snpark

Cager
Yes it's still corona time. Go back in 6 months. It's a hell hole
It's like going to Thamrin during Eid and saying wow it's peaceful here

Digitarius

Each to their own but i find the Ubud hippy/naked yoga crowd to be the most annoying of the bali sub-cultures. Canggu hipsters are a close second.
So what other areas would you suggest if not UBUD or CANGGU?

Digitarius

Yes it's still corona time. Go back in 6 months. It's a hell hole
It's like going to Thamrin during Eid and saying wow it's peaceful here
So what other areas would you suggest if not UBUD or CANGGU?

snpark

Cager
Are you buying land or renting a place. What are you looking for?

Digitarius

Are you buying land or renting a place. What are you looking for?
Not buying anything just looking to rent for a year. I want to live in different areas of Indonesia. I live in Yogyakarta now, so just looking to rent.

snpark

Cager
I mean you want quiet. Party. Local. Beach. Jungle. Etc etc
Ubud only has one road in and out. Summer it's blocked

dafluff

Cager
I am seriously considering relocating to Ubud, Bali. After a nice vacation in Seminyak/Badung area my wife and I were discussing what would be a good quiet area of Bali to live in, away from many tourist. I have heard good things about Ubud. Anyone have an information or know where I can get more info on Ubud or other quiet locations in Bali. Thanks!

If you want to live away from many tourists, then living in Canggu/Seminyak/Ubud is the opposite of that. If it seemed to you that there weren't many tourists, it's just because there is a pandemic going on. They will be full of Russians/Aussies/Chinese tourists very soon.

If you actually want to live away from many tourists, you should probably consider another island in Indonesia, maybe one that is not its top tourism destination. If you do insist on Bali, draw a horizontal line through Denpasar, and avoid anything south of that. Then draw a 5km radius around Ubud, and do the same. The rest of the island is pretty nice.

Wisnu

Charter Member
Tulamben, very quiet during the day, amazing night life, full of life, full of colour .....but underwater

fastpitch17

Charter Member
Cager
I once rented a car and driver in Bali. Told him to take us where there are no tourist. Deer in the headlights look was the most intense I had ever seen. If you find a beach anywhere where there are no tourist, rest assured every weekend and holiday it will be filled with locals making sure it is covered with trash they are too lazy to remove themselves.

Nicho

I once rented a car and driver in Bali. Told him to take us where there are no tourist. Deer in the headlights look was the most intense I had ever seen. If you find a beach anywhere where there are no tourist, rest assured every weekend and holiday it will be filled with locals making sure it is covered with trash they are too lazy to remove themselves.
Hit the nail on the head there . LAZY !! . They'll throw rubbish anywhere and everywhere ,don't give a !!!! about the environment that 95% of them rely on to live . I live in a fishing village in S/East Java , filthiest cess pit you could imagine . I've owned orchards here only to find the fertilier/insecticide bags/bottles thrown in the irrigation channels or in the river they draw the irrigation water from . The mangroves here are that choked with rubbish the fish /crabs can't live or breed in them anymore .You can put trash bins everywhere and they'll throw there rubbish anywhere but in the bin . We have a household rubbish collection organised by the local authorities . The rubbish collected gets dumped just out of town along the side of the road or in the creeks/streams that feeds the main river where they all collected shell fish / crabs etc that goes to the Bali tourist area restaurants . And people wonder why they get Bali Belly. Only beaches I've found without tonnes of rubbish are on the south coast of Malaku/Ceram , the locals haven't been exposed to the tourist rat race and pride themselves in keeping there area clean . Rant over !!

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Latest Activity

Online Now

No members online now.

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rupankanarchointeriors
Top Bottom