Living in Bali and converting VITAS to spouse KITAS

MrEddy

Dear forum members,

Me and my wife have been living in Bali for over 2 years now and got married last Febuary in the Netherlands. We had our marriage certificate legalized by the Indonesian Embassy and successfully applied for the VITAS. On 31 March I had one of the last flights into Indonesia (to Bali) and all the immigration offices were closed and by default everyone got the emergency visa.
The immigration services are slowly reopening now on Bali and we already went to Immigration Office (Kantor Imigrasi) in Ngurah Rai.

There we got papers to fill out and were told to submit them online once completed. Now my wife is from East-Kalimantan and this is also on her KTP. The Klian got her the temporary id card (KIPEM or KTS) and said that we can apply at the Kecamatan to get the Domicile letter (Surat Domisili).

I've read that several people here on this forum succeeded in the past but the women told us that we couldn't get the stamp even though the immigration & the klian told us it was possible.

From what I read is that you cannot convert KITAS to KITAP using a KIPEM/KTS and many people already succeeded to convert VITAS to KITAS.

If anyone could help us out with this matter, it is highly appreciated.

dafluff

Cager
I'm a bit confused. You already have a VITAS? And just trying to get it changed into a KITAS? Normally this just involves going to immigration office and getting a stamp/photo? What is the issue?

I also don't recall ever having to go to Kecamatan for Surat Domisili? Usually Kelurahan/Desa (one level lower) is fine.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Online Now

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
svAshika
Top Bottom