Legalising Indonesian Documents for Visa purposes

WorldTraveller80

Hello everyone,

I hope you're all well. I've been offered a job in the middle east and will be moving there but my Indonesian wife needs to legalise her Buku Nikah, Birth Certificate & Family Card so we can apply for her visa.

Would anyone know the process or an agent who can undertake the process for me?
*Would be ideal if the agent is based in Surabaya or Jakarta

Thank you for your time

jstar

Mr. 10,000
The formal way to use a document from Indonesia in another country, is to have it first legalised by the Indonesian Ministry of Justice & Human Rights, and then by the Indonesian Ministry of Foreign Affairs. Both are in Jakarta, one in central and the other in south. Then you must have it legalised by the embassy of that country where you will go to, also in Jakarta. It would probably take you five working days in total at the Ministries, they all need some time.

Can't help you with the name of an agent doing this. But it really is not so complicated. (See also the other thread.)

Last edited:

WorldTraveller80

Thank you Jstar, appreciate your response.

Five working days is good, I thought it would have been longer. Thank you once again

jstar

Mr. 10,000
No problem. But do consider that Fridays etc. are often not productive. And I don't know the embassy you would deal with. So build in some extra cushion.

Something else to consider, is that they probably require translation of the documents. Most embassies/consulates provide lists with the names of certified translators who can translate between Indonesian and their own language.

I added some addresses for the two Ministries, someone might need this in the future:

Last edited:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Activity

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Online Now

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m17tgw
Top Bottom