Laws against entering someones house?

Noooo.
Batak eats dog..well not all of them but many (sorry in advance for all batak people here..)

I think u should get some ally @Methblinkz
Just stay close with other neighbors and RT there.
And just stay far or away from that person.
No need courtesy no need greetings.
Just know he's there and that's enough
Yeah, for now I hope and think it won't be a big problem. I also didn't see him the last 2 days. Except entering his car and leave for work and then come back home. We also didn't do any loud works after 5:30.
I feel like I already have allys, the area is quite small and I already talked with most people and like I said, our daughter already playes at several peoples homes with their children. The Pak RT also already told me that this particular guy is the one who complains most and even he sometimes just ignores him.
So I guess I have to live with the fact that one person for sure won't greet us. As long as he doesn't repeat anything like what he did last time, it is fine with me. I just want to live in peace.😂

Yeah, for now I hope and think it won't be a big problem. I also didn't see him the last 2 days. Except entering his car and leave for work and then come back home. We also didn't do any loud works after 5:30.
I feel like I already have allys, the area is quite small and I already talked with most people and like I said, our daughter already playes at several peoples homes with their children. The Pak RT also already told me that this particular guy is the one who complains most and even he sometimes just ignores him.
So I guess I have to live with the fact that one person for sure won't greet us. As long as he doesn't repeat anything like what he did last time, it is fine with me. I just want to live in peace.😂
You're on the right track...

Being the only Bule in the neighborhood is not all bad; you quickly get to know all your neighbors, especially the pan-handlers in the area, as well as collectors for charities and local community projects.

When the renoviction is completed, you might think about organize a house-warming; hire the local selamatan ladies to kick things off, provide food and drink, invite the PakRT, everyone within construction noise range, and be sure to include Mr. Shithead Notaris on the guest list. Apologize profusely for any inconvenience, thank the community for being so welcoming, etc., etc. -- I am sure you understand the drill if you have lived in Indonesia for even a short time.

Noooo.
Batak eats dog..well not all of them but many (sorry in advance for all batak people here..)

I think u should get some ally @Methblinkz
Just stay close with other neighbors and RT there.
And just stay far or away from that person.
No need courtesy no need greetings.
Just know he's there and that's enough
I strongly doubt the idea of B/a letting any of her canine kids go gently into that good, er, Batak :D

I agree with the people who said to let it go. It has less to do with taking the high road and more to do with avoiding legal headaches.

I once got into a fight with an Indonesian. Long story short, he was the aggressor and lost the fight - one on one, fair and square. I didn't sucker punch him either. We went outside and fought in the parking lot. A week later, I got a letter from the polres. He charged me with assault.

This required 3 trips to the police station to respond to the charge, with cash gifts to this cop and that cop, plus a consultation fee with an attorney. He eventually dropped the charges when I messaged him on social media, reminding him that I have witnesses (one being my rich, connected friend who could tarnish his reputation in Jakarta).

Btw please do not try to convince me that this is an isolated incident. Indonesians by and large love to use their clout to inflict all kinds of injustices to any "bule" that dares to assert themselves. So to the OP and anyone who'd rather practice self-preservation, let it go.

Hi again to everyone,

I just want to give a small update. Actually not much happened ever since.
We installed a gate (that was planned anyway)and so far everything has been fine. At the beginning he said a gate was not allowed and he made pictures of it, which is also not really legal as I know now. Seems like he didn't know the rules, the kompleks already went back to BPL and the owners, the developer is no longer responsible. We made sure what is allowed and what not plenty of times.

Anyway after he made pictures I was in a bad mood. After all he is the one who didn't move within the laws. My wife is chinese and her family is connected to all kind of circles. So her brother made a famous lawyer here call him(it turned out the lawyer als knew his brother who is also a bigger notaris). Of course not to sue him, as I said I don't wanna take any legal steps. It was just a warning and letting him see that he can't do what he wants. Especially as a notaris he should know that. Anyway, the lawyer said he was actually very calm and agreed to let it be.
That was some days after xmas and it is silence ever since. Iam ok with us ignoring each other.

And about some other responses here. I come to Indonesia for 12 years now, living here now. I pretty much know about the people here and I always lived right among them. So i know what is a go or a no go here and how people treat each other and so on. That being said in 12 years i never met such an unfriendly person. It is ok, I can deal with it and like I said I don't care for legal steps or anything. Just in this case he was the one who clearly overstepped the line and I don't plan to apologize to him or anything. Iam fine with everyone here so far, even the PakRT. All are friendly and I as I said, I can live with us ignoring each other.

Hi again to everyone,

I just want to give a small update. Actually not much happened ever since.
We installed a gate (that was planned anyway)and so far everything has been fine. At the beginning he said a gate was not allowed and he made pictures of it, which is also not really legal as I know now. Seems like he didn't know the rules, the kompleks already went back to BPL and the owners, the developer is no longer responsible. We made sure what is allowed and what not plenty of times.

Anyway after he made pictures I was in a bad mood. After all he is the one who didn't move within the laws. My wife is chinese and her family is connected to all kind of circles. So her brother made a famous lawyer here call him(it turned out the lawyer als knew his brother who is also a bigger notaris). Of course not to sue him, as I said I don't wanna take any legal steps. It was just a warning and letting him see that he can't do what he wants. Especially as a notaris he should know that. Anyway, the lawyer said he was actually very calm and agreed to let it be.
That was some days after xmas and it is silence ever since. Iam ok with us ignoring each other.

And about some other responses here. I come to Indonesia for 12 years now, living here now. I pretty much know about the people here and I always lived right among them. So i know what is a go or a no go here and how people treat each other and so on. That being said in 12 years i never met such an unfriendly person. It is ok, I can deal with it and like I said I don't care for legal steps or anything. Just in this case he was the one who clearly overstepped the line and I don't plan to apologize to him or anything. Iam fine with everyone here so far, even the PakRT. All are friendly and I as I said, I can live with us ignoring each other.
Thanks for taking the trouble to update as one often wonders how people get on with problems after originally posting. I am also curious as to your own nationality. You write very well but not quite as a person growing up with English as their first language.

Thanks for taking the trouble to update as one often wonders how people get on with problems after originally posting. I am also curious as to your own nationality. You write very well but not quite as a person growing up with English as their first language.
Hi,

yes I planned to give an update earlier but I forgot it plenty of times. I seldom post here, but I read a lot. Sometimes I also wonder what is the outcome of some storys.

English really isn't my first language haha..Iam german and to be honest, I forgot most of the rules of the grammar. I probably never catched them to 100% in the first place. I just talk and write the best way I can. The good thing is, I don't really need English for business or something like that so I won't make a fool out of myself too much.😂
For talking with people it's still ok.

Don't worry I'm English British whatever by birth and nationality passport etc but after living in Middle East and Asia for 30+ years my English is terrible now. Broken or pigeon English to make myself understood. Or just talk LOUDER LIKE AMERICANS

There is always that one crazy neighbor around. Their silence is acceptable and preferable. I’m glad you have it sorted out.

There is always that one crazy neighbor around. Their silence is acceptable and preferable. I’m glad you have it sorted out.
Yes it is really acceptable. The thing is I really don't have any big problem with him. His wife was quite friendly when we bought the house back then. Anyway, from the beginning he probably chose to not like us.😅

Don't worry I'm English British whatever by birth and nationality passport etc but after living in Middle East and Asia for 30+ years my English is terrible now. Broken or pigeon English to make myself understood. Or just talk LOUDER LIKE AMERICANS
That's what too much time on the Daily Mail comments section does to you :ROFLMAO:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Latest Activity

Online Now

No members online now.

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nightclubs