Late Release of Contract

ja_gaspar

Good day,

Last Sept 29, 2019 may contract expires its validity so before it happened I follow up it to our HR 1month before the expiration. As per their advise our Project director already approved and signed my renewal of contract for 1 yr again. So our HR must bring it in our Head office for their processing. Days passed by until last Nov 15, 2019 our project director called me to discuss the content of my contract. In my surprise, the HO revise the duration of my contract says Sept 30 until Dec 2019 which is totally different from what our Project director signed and from what im expecting, then they also removed the benefits of plane ticket of going home to my country.
Like I've been working for 45days of no renewed contract then when they gave it to me the contract is very different.

Do I have the right to complain? Or what can I tell to our HO management? Any advise?

IndoTom

My concern would be if your work permit and KITAS is still valid at this point and if not is the employer planning to renew it and spend a years worth of government fees to the manpower office just to extend your contract the 3 months from Sept to Dec?

Its probably best to talk directly to the person who changed the contract detail and give them an ultimatum, but politely. Don't assume everyone in a company that employs foreign workers understands all the government rules concerning it.

ja_gaspar

My concern would be if your work permit and KITAS is still valid at this point and if not is the employer planning to renew it and spend a years worth of government fees to the manpower office just to extend your contract the 3 months from Sept to Dec?

Its probably best to talk directly to the person who changed the contract detail and give them an ultimatum, but politely. Don't assume everyone in a company that employs foreign workers understands all the government rules concerning it.
My kitas will expire on March 2020.
No problem if they dont want to extend it given that they should have advise me before the expiration of my contract (Sept 2019) but it didnt happen.
But instead the Proj director and HR said that they will renew it for 1 yr again. And then I've been waiting for 45days to release and then with revised provisions.
I mean not fair bec I neglected the other job offer bec I thought I'll be continuing another yr again.

jstar

Mr. 10,000
Instead of talking to those who made the change, I would have the Project Director do the dirty work for me. That person came up with the timeline and approved the assignment, so (s)he should defend it to management.

ja_gaspar

Instead of talking to those who made the change, I would have the Project Director do the dirty work for me. That person came up with the timeline and approved the assignment, so (s)he should defend it to management.
Actually my Proj director advised not to sign the contract bec its really unfair on my side. So he then asked me what do I want.
Of course I want an explnation or what are the grounds for changing my contract. Then if they insisted the month december do they need to compensate me? Since my children are here also studying so definitely there kitas will be voided too which will cause to much trouble in their study.

IndoTom

Unless the issue is taken to the source person who caused the change in the contract. You may find the resolution slowed by middle men which ultimately will delay your contract resolution until after it expires. I speak from experience in this matter.

ja_gaspar

Unless the issue is taken to the source person who caused the change in the contract. You may find the resolution slowed by middle men which ultimately will delay your contract resolution until after it expires. I speak from experience in this matter.
Can you share what experience is that?
The reason why Im so stressed out too is I'm planning to go home this December for may annual leave since that is what stated in my prev contract and the entire employment in that company I have that priviledge so now since they revised it they remove that priviledge too..

IndoTom

Can you share what experience is that?
The reason why Im so stressed out too is I'm planning to go home this December for may annual leave since that is what stated in my prev contract and the entire employment in that company I have that priviledge so now since they revised it they remove that priviledge too..
I can tell you that I have worked in Indonesia before with employers that dragged their feet in completing my paperwork or put my position in an uncertain state. Talking to the middleman that didn't have the authority to take the required action only delayed the issues. It made me go back and forth to them many times asking what's happening with the issue, which just made my situation more uncertain as the weeks passed. Only when I went to the decision maker did the situation get resolved rather quickly one way or another.

But as I mentioned before, go to the person that is in the position to get what you need done. Explain the problem, be firm in your position, speak with knowledge, and at all times be polite. At the end you need to give a time frame for them to resolve the issue.

ja_gaspar

Did
I can tell you that I have worked in Indonesia before with employers that dragged their feet in completing my paperwork or put my position in an uncertain state. Talking to the middleman that didn't have the authority to take the required action only delayed the issues. It made me go back and forth to them many times asking what's happening with the issue, which just made my situation more uncertain as the weeks passed. Only when I went to the decision maker did the situation get resolved rather quickly one way or another.

But as I mentioned before, go to the person that is in the position to get what you need done. Explain the problem, be firm in your position, speak with knowledge, and at all times be polite. At the end you need to give a time frame for them to resolve the issue.
Did you get any compensation for it?

IndoTom

Did you get any compensation for it?
In every negotiation you need to have a red line that unless it is agreed upon, you will decline the deal. If your employer gave you a draft contract which you then worked under for several months but later changed it, then I suppose you are free to walk away from the deal. A draft contract with broken promises by a employer may only serve to keep you out of legal jeopardy by proving you are the victim if they ever try to get you in trouble for walking away.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Activity

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Online Now

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrischris
Top Bottom