Kuala Lumpur - Vitas Pickup - How Many Days?

Lila

Hello everyone! We want to know after receiving email regarding telex as to how many days should we allow in Kuala Lumpur if we go to embassy early morning for Vitas process? Can we pick it up next day in the afternoon? Anyone been there yet or know of anyone that has and how many days it took? Thank you very much for any help! Lila & Mike

My experience with visa pickup in KL is from quite some years ago: Normally they allow(ed) next day pickup, but officially they state you have to count on 4 days, so it's a bit risky to plan that short.

Nowadays they want you to make an appointment:

Thank you jstar for responding and the link. Wow..sure glad to see we can actually make an appointment with Kuala Lumpur Indonesian Embassy versus showing up early to a crowd and being lost in the tide so to speak...lol. Thanks again jstar...we definitely didn't know we could make a reservation. Sweet!

Last edited:
I processed a 1 year business visa at the Indonesian embassy in Kuala Lumpur this year. I can confirm that you do need to book an appointment at the embassy in advance at their website Booking Online for Visa Service. Also the processing time that they state on their website is accurate. "Starting 01 August 2017 visa processes will take 4 (four) days from the date of submission". The processing time is different for each embassy. The embassy in Singapore only takes 1 business day. That's why Singapore more popular for visa runs! But on the plus side Kuala Lumpur is a great place to spend several nights since the hotels are much more reasonably priced.

To process your visa at the embassy in Kuala Lumpur, enter the building and go to the 2nd room which will be on your right side on the first room. Find the automated ticket machine at the front of the 2nd room entrance. Enter your appointment number that you got from your online booking into the machine and take the queue ticket that it prints on the leftside (rear) of the machine. Note: It's a bit confusing to see the queue ticket dispencer. See the picture below. Let me know if you have any other miscellaneous questions.

KL ID Embassy ticket machine 2.png

Yeah, in Singapore officially it used to be three days. In reality it was (almost) always one day, so they formalized that.

From a cost perspective I'm not so sure what makes more sense; one night in Singapore doesn't have to be thát expensive. (Esp. in Geylang or so.) Flight prices are comparable (very early flights are often more expensive).

Thank you IndoTom. We will definitely make an appointment with link provided.

My wife wants to clarify that after we receive our telex notification pickup. Can we then book an appointment online while still here in Jakarta?

Sure, since you can book a day and time in the system. It doesn't matter from where you do that.

Don't be overly optimistic and don't book prematurely before approval of course (you never know if something goes wrong with your application).

Also your flights will obviously depend on approval status and which day you picked.

Thank you IndoTom. We will definitely make an appointment with link provided.
My appointment was very quick. It only took 15 minutes and I was done. Three business days later, I picked up my passport with the new visa stamp and was done just as fast. Be mindful that the day you drop off your passport and documents at the embassy is in the morning. Three business days later you can pickup your passport after lunch time.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Latest Activity

Online Now

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stats
Back