KTP for foreigner in Surabaya

Yamz

Hi everyone,
Did anyone apply for foreigner KTP in Surabaya? How's the process and how long does it take to get the KTP? I already have wife sponsored KITAP.

Banana72

Charter Member
Cager
Hi everyone,
Did anyone apply for foreigner KTP in Surabaya? How's the process and how long does it take to get the KTP? I already have wife sponsored KITAP.
Hope somebody replied to you with related info...but normally, if one uses an agent to do his/her KITAP, usually it's a one packaged deal (foreigner KTP included).

I can only share my pretty decent experience with renewing one (the old one they gave me in 2020 was on a cheap ass paper with really bad print job of my photo).

What they needed for my renewal:
1. Request Form (something like F1 or FA1 can't remember the exact code. Available at the 'Kantor Walikota' I believe it is near Tanah Abang, Central Jakarta
2. The original KTP (in my case the deteriorated one....in your case I think they'll need your SKTT)
3. Copy of my KITAP
4. Copy of my passport
5. My KK (Kartu Keluarga). The real one, as they will take it and replace it with the new one.
6. My sponsor's Kartu Keluarga (copy)
7. My sponsor's KTP (copy)

I don't know if they still require it now...but maybe they'll ask you to bring a 'letter

HappyMan

Charter Member
Cager
What the Banana said.

I've done it myself repeatedly (in Bandung). The process has gotten better over the years. Last time it was just two 15 minute trips to the Catatan Cipil to change some data.

You should definitely be able to do this. I'd bring the wife along as it is your first go on the merry go round.

Banana72

Charter Member
Cager
What the Banana said.

I've done it myself repeatedly (in Bandung). The process has gotten better over the years. Last time it was just two 15 minute trips to the Catatan Cipil to change some data.

You should definitely be able to do this. I'd bring the wife along as it is your first go on the merry go round.
HappyMan did you actually apply for a new one or just renewing? Was the process pretty similar? I would think making a new one would be more complicated/need more documents?

(Not that I would need it since I already got my KTP already...knock on wood maybe one day if i move to a new place).

HappyMan

Charter Member
Cager
I got my last 2 myself. I've changed data on the most recent one 3 times (same expiration date, new cards reflecting marital and religious statuses). I'd venture to say that if you have all of the papers needed to make a KITAP, you have all the papers needed to make a KTP.

Only one I can think of as a possible problem is the Surat Domisili. They won't necessarily accept those if they are older than a date determined by... whoever is sitting in front of you (as best I can tell). I'm thinking they asked for one that was less than 90 days old. (Guess that means I made 3 trips, since I had to go get a new one.)

The Catatan Cipil I go to has a printed list of necessary documents at the desk reserved for foreigners. They give it to you and offer to explain anything that is unclear. I'd suggest actually taking the time to make sure you know what they all are. You might ask for a sample of their preferred "Surat Permohonan Sponsor“ if they seem inclined to be... pedantic.

I will say that going to the Catatan Cipil was much more of a pain in the ass when I first started doing it. The old guys were inclined to make you pay in some fashion, whether that meant going to hang out with them or whatever else they thought was appropriate. Having the (ex) wife along helped then. Nowadays they have the foreigner desk right next to the other desks in the main waiting room. Staff are very professional and helpful. I actually feel really appreciative of them when I remember the way it used to be. Here's hoping Surabaya is the same.

TLDR: Just go by your Catatan Cipil and ask for the document list. You should already have them if you made your KITAP very recently.

HappyMan

Charter Member
Cager
HappyMan did you actually apply for a new one or just renewing? Was the process pretty similar? I would think making a new one would be more complicated/need more documents?

(Not that I would need it since I already got my KTP already...knock on wood maybe one day if i move to a new place).
It just occurred to me that you might be asking if I truly started from 0 without a NIK. I already had the NIK from ages before. I'd imagine you'd have a NIK before you got to the KITAP stage unless you did the thing where you apply for a KITAS and then immediately apply for the KITAP (because you meet the marriage length requirements).

Banana72

Charter Member
Cager
It just occurred to me that you might be asking if I truly started from 0 without a NIK. I already had the NIK from ages before. I'd imagine you'd have a NIK before you got to the KITAP stage unless you did the thing where you apply for a KITAS and then immediately apply for the KITAP (because you meet the marriage length requirements).
Same here. Long story short I already had a NIK (from my WNI KTP) and when my agent helped me to get the KTP OA, instead of getting a new NIK, they reused my WNI NIK instead. Interestingly a fellow ex-WNI applied for a KTP and got a new NIK....gotta love the inconsistencies..

RosalindBarton

I wondered if someone was able to help me. I already have a KITAP valid until 2025 and just renewed my MERP (Multiple Exit Re-Permit) for Indonesia valid from 2022 - 2024 (2 years). Inside my passport is some writing "should not leave Indonesia more than 1 (one) year from the date of departure" underneath the stamp of re-entry.
The MERP is valid for 2 years and I am confused as to what this writing refers to or means. Can anyone help me?

R Cameron

Charter Member
Cager
I wondered if someone was able to help me. I already have a KITAP valid until 2025 and just renewed my MERP (Multiple Exit Re-Permit) for Indonesia valid from 2022 - 2024 (2 years). Inside my passport is some writing "should not leave Indonesia more than 1 (one) year from the date of departure" underneath the stamp of re-entry.
The MERP is valid for 2 years and I am confused as to what this writing refers to or means. Can anyone help me?
Immigration law says that if a KITAP holder leaves Indonesia for more than one year their visa may be cancelled. I have heard some anecdotes of this not being enforced, but proceed at your own risk.

UU 6 Tahun 2011

Pasal 62
(1) Izin Tinggal Tetap dapat berakhir karena pemegang Izin Tinggal Tetap:
a. meninggalkan Wilayah Indonesia lebih dari 1 (satu) tahun atau tidak bermaksud masuk lagi ke Wilayah Indonesia;

Banana72

Charter Member
Cager
Ugh I just noticed my original post got cut off....what I meant to say was, in the past they'll ask for a 'surat pengantar' from your RT, but maybe that's not required anymore.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Online Now

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dyathink
Top Bottom