KITAS to KITAP? extensions required for ex WNI

123indochick

hello,

i just figured out that apparently you have to be physically present at the immigration in order to extend kitas or kitap. is there any agent you’d recommend who be able to help me extend it without needing me to be physically present?

the reason i ask is bc my agent told me i need to extend my KITAS twice (therefore wait 2 years) to be able to upgrade to KITAP. i’m so confuse because even on th KBRI site it says you can immediately apply for KITAP after getting KITAS as an ex-WNI (without having to wait 2 years) but my agent says otherwise.

do i need different agent? help 😭

thanks

Last edited:
Yes I believe so that you have to be present.
I'm in the same boat and need to extend my kitas by early April. but I do not want to enter Indonesia until my country allows me to have the vaccine. I don't feel safe until I do. So stressful. I hope you get a answer.

Unless he has your face and your fingerprints to match, then no.

hello,

i just figured out that apparently you have to be physically present at the immigration in order to extend kitas or kitap. is there any agent you’d recommend who be able to help me extend it without needing me to be physically present?

the reason i ask is bc my agent told me i need to extend my KITAS twice (therefore wait 2 years) to be able to upgrade to KITAP. i’m so confuse because even on th KBRI site it says you can immediately apply for KITAP after getting KITAS as an ex-WNI (without having to wait 2 years) but my agent says otherwise.

do i need different agent? help 😭

thanks
Hi , your agent is correct . You have to be present at the time of renewal if you use an agent or not , and you also have to have held your Kitas for a minimum of 2 years before you can convert to a Kitap . I used an agent for the original Vitas/Kitas application and my first renewal . I still had to attend the Office for the first renewal even though I used an agent . I have just completed my 4th renewal , doing the last 3 myself , saving me about 10 to 15 million rupiah each time . I renewed my kitas every year because I live in a remote part of Java and would have had to travel to other parts of Java other than the Immigration Office in Jember to complete the conversion to Kitap . I will have to do all the travelling this year as the law here states you can only renew 5 times before having to convert to the Kitap . The Kitas renewal process is quite easy , the immigration officers are very helpful . If your in Bali all the better , a lot less travelling , should be complete in 5-6 days . Do multiple photo/copies of everything ,even the forms they give you after you've filled them out and before you hand them in . 2 for your files and 2 if needed at the office . The only originals they should take are the forms they gave you and your passport ,all other originals are yours , file them in a safe place ! I do a 6 hour return bus ride to and from the immigration office in Jember 2 times a year at renewal time . I figure 10 - 15 million rupiah is better in my pocket than an agents when I can do whatever is necessary . Everything you need to know is available on the Immigration sites .Have all the documents on there check list they require ,plus anything else you think may be relevant before your first trip that way you can fill out the forms Perdim 24 and 25 and hand everything in on your first trip . Do it yourself ,it's not as confusing/difficult as some of the stories make out . You'll learn the process which will only help when you do do the Kitas/Kitap conversion . Good luck !

As an exWNI, I went to ITAB after my first ITAS (2 year, I think). Straight to ITAB from ITAS is allowed only for exWNI. I agree that you need to be present for Biometrics. Pls be aware that although ITAB is for a longer period, you are still burdened by Re-entry permit which is renewable only from Indonesia every 2 years. Once you are abroad and you let entry permit dead, your ITAB is dead too. Which I am facing now, stuck overseas.

I am not sure if there is a different rule for ex WNI but you can apply for Kitap after one Kitas which is what happened in my case and was granted.

I am not sure if there is a different rule for ex WNI but you can apply for Kitap after one Kitas which is what happened in my case and was granted.

Both ex-WNI and WNA married to Indonesians for over 2 years may immediately apply for KITAS to KITAP conversion.

Both ex-WNI and WNA married to Indonesians for over 2 years may immediately apply for KITAS to KITAP conversion.

If married abroad, 2 years after the date the marriage has been registered in Indonesia.

ave to be present at the time of renewal if you use an agent or not , and you also have to have held your Kitas for a minimum of 2 years before you can convert to a Kitap . I used an agent for the original Vitas/Kitas application and my first renewal . I still had to attend the Office for the first renewal even though I use
2 years? Some people reported that you can apply for KITAP immediately after getting the KITAS.

In my case, I was told by my agent I have to be on KITAS for 5 years (renewing each year) before I can apply for KITAP ... is that incorrect information? I am so confused, there is conflicting information everywhere

Work and marriage 2 different ways
Work same sponsor 5 yrs
Marry 2 years

2 years? Some people reported that you can apply for KITAP immediately after getting the KITAS.

In my case, I was told by my agent I have to be on KITAS for 5 years (renewing each year) before I can apply for KITAP ... is that incorrect information? I am so confused, there is conflicting information everywhere
Depends on the type of kitas. If you have a kitas-retirement, yes after 5 years you can apply for a kitap. With an kitas-spouse, you can apply for a kitap the next year, if you have been married more than 2 years.

Depends on the type of kitas. If you have a kitas-retirement, yes after 5 years you can apply for a kitap. With an kitas-spouse, you can apply for a kitap the next year, if you have been married more than 2 years.
I apply for C318 VITAS for ex WNI ... no intention of working in Indonesia, just want to get permanent residence. I am not married.

No, but I am an ex-WNI, just hoping for permanent residence (because my dad is aging). Is it a requirement to become a WNI for C318? From what I read, it's not a requirement ...

Work and marriage 2 different ways
Work same sponsor 5 yrs
Marry 2 years
for ex-WNI if I'm not mistaken it's just two KITAS then auto eligible for KITAP (marry or not marry)

Yes it's the first time now he mentioned he is ex WNI on a 318
Perhaps helpful to know that earlier

Yes it's the first time now he mentioned he is ex WNI on a 318
Perhaps helpful to know that earlier
Sorry about that ... I guess I just clicked "Reply" on the quote and I assumed that it would be clear that it was referring to the quote

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Latest Activity

Online Now

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Toadzer
Back