Kitas to Kitap Conversion in remote parts of Java .

Nicho

KITAS TO KITAP CONVERSION !!! Hi , anyone living in remote parts of Java that has been through the Kitas to Kitap conversion process ? I'm looking at converting later in the year , have done all the other renewals myself so am not daunted by the process just some of the information from the officer at Immigration Office in Jember . They say I have to take the application Kitas to Kitap after they have processed it to the Kantor Wilayah in Surabaya myself then after there approval take it again "myself" to the Director Generals Office in Jakarta . I live at the end of the road in South /East Java and already do a 6 hour return trip to the Immigration Office in Jember . This would involve air flights , several days accommodation expenses et etc . Surely they have an inter office postal/courier service . They also told me I need to apply 6months before my current Kitas expires in November , which will make it May when I have to apply . I have just gone through near 3 months of waiting due to new on line renewal system mix ups , Ministry of Law approvals , no phone calls when promised all due to the Corona restrictions they claim etc etc . Now they want to put me through the hoops again in 3 months . Any information greatly appreciated . Cheers .

Lemonyellow

For Kitas to kitap conversion you have to take your application from kanIm to Kanwil, after that you have to send your approved application to the Ditjen imigrasi. I think you can send your documents to the Ditjen, you don't need to be present there ( I used jne for my sosbud to Kitas extension) l I was also planning to convert my Kitas to kitap this January but I guess I'm already late because of my passport renewal. I'll be doing the Kitas extension next month. In my city, the kanWil is just 5 min ride from kanIm.

Nicho

For Kitas to kitap conversion you have to take your application from kanIm to Kanwil, after that you have to send your approved application to the Ditjen imigrasi. I think you can send your documents to the Ditjen, you don't need to be present there ( I used jne for my sosbud to Kitas extension) l I was also planning to convert my Kitas to kitap this January but I guess I'm already late because of my passport renewal. I'll be doing the Kitas extension next month. In my city, the kanWil is just 5 min ride from kanIm.
Lucky you , my Kanwil is a 14 hour return drive away . I'm in The far South/East of Jawa Timur ,Banyuwangi and the Kanwil is in Surabaya ,way up on the north coast . The closest immigration office is a 5-6 hour return drive to Jember . Also note , all renewals be it Kitas ,Kitap etc have to be approved by the Ministry of Law and Human Rights /Director General now due to the Covid/Corona restrictions put in place last year . Added about a month to my latest renewal . Usually takes 5-6 days !!

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Activity

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Online Now

No members online now.

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raja