Kitas renewal fail

Leonardo

The new 'boss' of our local imigrasi office is refusing to renew my Itas on the grounds that I didn't pay on a certain date that he specified. (The 23rd December) The date on the payment sheet issued by the Department of Imigrasi said due by the 31st December. I did attempt to pay on the 23rd but of course the system was temporarily unavailable.... I tried every day after and it was finally accepted on the 26th... Still days before the Jakarta deadline. I went in and had my photo and fingerprints taken but they are refusing to issue the Itas renewal. They have deleted my visa history in the online account system. What to do?

dafluff

Cager
You can either just let it go, and submit another application, or if this is not possible, you need to go to local immigration and ask for a formal letter of refusal (surat penolakan).

If the letter then states that the reason for refusal was that you didn't pay by Dec 23rd, while the deadline from Jakarta was Dec 31st, then you have grounds to complain to the regional office (KanWil).

Banana72

Charter Member
Cager
That boss partied too much during new year, and probably his house got flooded, but already spent all of his money on imported alcohol on NYE...so he probably need some cash. Can't think of any other reason.
but i am curious how this turns out...hope you manage to renew it!

Leonardo

Well.. can you imagine! When we fronted the next day the boss was busy and I / we had to wait...come lunchtime and my wife insisted we pray in the onsite Mushola... Whilst sumbyang the boss slipped out and didn't come back... a 6 hour round trip on top of a wasted day... The following morning early departure back to the Kantor and I mentioned to the staff that if he wouldn't give me the visa that he would have to supply me with the Surat Penolakan. They came back half an hour later saying he would give me the Visa renewal if I were to complete a Surat Penyataan stating that I would never be late in following his instruction again... So we hand wrote a Surat Penyataan and got a materi, gave it to them and went home with an early mark, though still dreading some new twist. On Friday afternoon got a text saying the Visa is done and I can come and pick up the passport on Monday. I still haven't received the email from Jakarta with the actual visa...in the three days we were at the office recently we saw them refuse to renew a couple of social visas and also a couple of simple tourist visa extensions and another married visa extension for bules and Chinese.... I don't know if it is an isolated temporal instance or a system wide blockage but at the moment the process is definitely more difficult there....So I will see tomorrow whether it is the end of the episode or if there is more to come...

Last edited:

mr2000jp

Well.. can you imagine! When we fronted the next day the boss was busy and I / we had to wait...come lunchtime and my wife insisted we pray in the onsite Mushola... Whilst sumbyang the boss slipped out and didn't come back... a 6 hour round trip on top of a wasted day... The following morning early departure back to the Kantor and I mentioned to the staff that if he wouldn't give me the visa that he would have to supply me with the Surat Penolakan. They came back half an hour later saying he would give me the Visa renewal if I were to complete a Surat Penyataan stating that I would never be late in following his instruction again... So we hand wrote a Surat Penyataan and got a materi, gave it to them and went home with an early mark, though still dreading some new twist. On Friday afternoon got a text saying the Visa is done and I can come and pick up the passport on Monday. I still haven't received the email from Jakarta with the actual visa...in the three days we were at the office recently we saw them refuse to renew a couple of social visas and also a couple of simple tourist visa extensions and another married visa extension for bules and Chinese.... I don't know if it is an isolated temporal instance or a system wide blockage but at the moment the process is definitely more difficult there....So I will see tomorrow whether it is the end of the episode or if there is more to come...
wow , that looks bad , why would they refuse just like that ,

mr2000jp

Jatim, pnrgo
ponorogo ? the same place i go to renew my itas , there is something i noticed this year they have a change of the employees, the officer taking the applications of the visa extending matters is new,he is young and un-experienced, he caused me a lot of trouble and he was extremely annoying and unprofessional with his too many questions, asking very personal questions that caused me lots of embarrassment for me and my wife
the officer from last year His name is mr. dandy as far as i remember, he was very professional, easy to deal with , professional and experienced, he made all my application processing an easy thing, he speak english very well too ,
this year i came for renewal which should be much easier,but it turned to be like hell, i literally wasted 2 weeks just working on the renewal of my itas , even though I'm eligible by law to get an itap but he didn't even allow me to ask for it ,

mr2000jp

at last , after 6 weeks of waiting and many times coming to the immigration office , they finished renewing my itas , 6 full weeks , i cannot find any explaination for that , its just a renewal , simple and straight forward , really frustrating

Leonardo

Yes unfortunately there is a new nasi regime... I'm glad you made the grade! It's pretty much harder than making the original or previous renewals. I have been informed they have refused numerous applications.... Now ... Just wait till you get the home visit. This time they came all 7 of them including the desa secretary and the head of the local Polsek ... 7 mouths to feed and drink. More questions.

snpark

Cager
17 days total for my 12 months renewal in Jan. I thought that was long. Maybe the holidays etc

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Follow Us

Latest Expat Indo Articles

Latest Activity

Latest Tweets by Expat Indo

Online Now

No members online now.

Newest Members

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catchadeal